Vizay Hazare Trophy, 2008-09

Chandan

Thank you Chandan. I am absolutely pissed off at Virat not being in the India squad. He handled Murali/Mendis effectively when few were able to pick him and was getting good starts and we just drop him. He has been scoring runs though' date=' which is a good thing.[/quote'] Who would you have dropped though? And the challenges in NZ will be different from we had in Lanka. And I'm surprised to see that no one could notice that Sreesanth wasn't even able to finish 3 overs here, in the one day VHT!!
Absolutely agree..its quite obvious that Rohit will have to play at #6 (if at all) and we all know Uthappa's game is more suited to that slot than Rohit's. L.Balaji once again gets thrashed around in OD format..can't say i'm surprised though.
balaji is overhyped. he has never been a great bowler especially in one dayers u can see his record which is poor. RPsingh is better than himin Kiwi condition same like South African where in TT he was ourbest bowler
What retarded selection from Bombay. No Agarkar? No Iqbal Abdulla, Kukreja or Rahil Shaikh (who impressed so much in the first class games with pace and bounce)? Instead they pick bits and pieces guys like Chavan and Mota who're good for nothing with the ball or bat. Fabulous performance from Yusuf and Irfan though. Given that they just slaughtered Sri Lanka though, Powar and Salvi shouldn't feel too bad that they got mauled.
Rahil Sheikh should have been picked he can be a big contender of Indian birth in future, dont worry we will see him for Mumbai Indians in IPL, they have selected him.
Who would you have dropped though? And the challenges in NZ will be different from we had in Lanka. And I'm surprised to see that no one could notice that Sreesanth wasn't even able to finish 3 overs here, in the one day VHT!!
And ya'll wanted SS for NZ tour! He really needs to focus on (domestic) cricket in serious earnest for a year and perform, before being considered for NZ tour. Currently, none of SS, RP.Singh and L. Balaji have earned it to travel to NZ. As Wasim Akram says, the reserve pacers are India's worry. We gotta pray that ZK and IS can do the damage match after match in NZ!
And ya'll wanted SS for NZ tour! He really needs to focus on (domestic) cricket in serious earnest for a year and perform, before being considered for NZ tour. Currently, none of SS, RP.Singh and L. Balaji have earned it to travel to NZ. As Wasim Akram says, the reserve pacers are India's worry. We gotta pray that ZK and IS can do the damage match after match in NZ!
Balaji has had a terrific domestic season, as has Kulkarni. If lack of pace is the only reason why you said that Lakshmipathy hasn't deserved the place, then I disagree.
Balaji has had a terrific domestic season' date=' as has Kulkarni. If lack of pace is the only reason why you said that Lakshmipathy hasn't deserved the place, then I disagree.[/quote'] Yes, lack of pace is one of the main reasons, and also he has come off a major injury so this can be a difficult tour.
Balaji has had a terrific domestic season' date=' as has Kulkarni. If lack of pace is the only reason why you said that Lakshmipathy hasn't deserved the place, then I disagree.[/quote'] picking balaj iis going back to past, he will never get better now, has had injury problems and tehy will continue to haunt him, instead seelctors should have picked another rookie and newzealand is the best place to play a rookiefast bowler in the team.
picking balaj iis going back to past' date=' he will never get better now, has had injury problems and tehy will continue to haunt him, instead seelctors should have picked another rookie and newzealand is the best place to play a rookiefast bowler in the team.[/quote'] You hit the nail on the head I like Balaji and his teeth a lot but this selection makes no sense to me