1-1 battle lines drawn - will be an interesting duel between

fineleg

yup...this will be an interesting dual...I actually think Vettori vs Dravid might also be really interesting if Dravid doesn't get out early. I think Vettori might come out on top against both.
Vettori today outclassed the Indian batsmen. But for Raina none wanted to have a go at him.
Indeed - he's an intelligent bowler, and Ind batsmen will have to go with a plan for him. Just wildly swishing at him or just blocking him defensively may backfire. Today sehwag and GG got out early. Those two play spin well. In ODIs one of these two will have to bat long. ================== PS: @holy - bah.
Yup...arm ball is his deadliest weapon. Have to pick it consistently.
I just can't believe one of our batsman fell for that again...you would think that after the ODI series in ZIM(where Chappell and Ganguly squared off) and T-20 WC they would have done their homework.Although i suspect on this occasion Yuvraj premeditated that paddle sweep.:P
End of the first two matches of the tour: Tied Yuvi::Vetori : 1:1 Vettori got the better of him in first match, but Yuvi tonked him in the 2nd
For vettori to get better of UV, he'd have to flight the ball more often. UV will have no problems whatsoever if Vettori tries to bowl faster in the air because that is UV's strength. I do expect UV to tonk Danny boy more in the ODI series.
For vettori to get better of UV' date=' he'd have to flight the ball more often. UV will have no problems whatsoever if Vettori tries to bowl faster in the air because that is UV's strength. I do expect UV to tonk Danny boy more in the ODI series.[/quote'] As long as Yuvi plays him straight down the ground more often, he will do ok. Also, importantly in 2nd match - Yuvi had his eye in before Vettori came on. The key for Vettori will be to bring himself on as soon as Yuvi comes in - if Yuvi settles down against the medium pacers, he will handle vettori better.