He may score a lot of runs on the pitch...

Ram

these 2 posts should be moved to here... http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showthread.php?t=149678

Here's the list up to 400, the highest test score...and I couldn't find any innings that had a percentage above 80% in boundaries, only VVS has it higher than 80%...but I was mentally likely candidates calculating at might have missed one...have a look for yourself... http://stats.cricinfo.com/statsguru/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;filter=advanced;orderby=fours;qualmin1=20;qualval1=fours;runsmax1=400;runsval1=runs;template=results;type=batting;view=innings
Interesting stat...VVS scored his century with over 80% of his runs in boundaries...the highest percentage of runs in boundaries for a score of up to 150...EVER. As for number of boundaries up to 150, here is the list...if you calculate the runs scored in boundaries over the total runs scored for this list i.e. the percentage of runs in boundaries, VVS tops the list in the innings he just played: http://stats.cricinfo.com/statsguru/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;filter=advanced;orderby=fours;qualmin1=20;qualval1=fours;runsmax1=150;runsval1=runs;template=results;type=batting;view=innings In the 125 list, he tops the list bothways, number of boundaries and percentage: http://stats.cricinfo.com/statsguru/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;filter=advanced;orderby=fours;qualmin1=20;qualval1=fours;runsmax1=125;runsval1=runs;template=results;type=batting;view=innings Man...that was quite an innings if you ask me. There have been so many great batsmen plalying in all kinds of conditions and in all kinds of grounds...but VVS tops the lot. I don't have the stats for higher scores, but I think it is a safe bet that the higher scores will have a lower percentage of boundaries...which would mean that VVS probably has the record for the highest percentage of runs scored in boundaries for a score of a hundred or more ever in the history of test cricket!!! Veritably historic. What a player!

regd the OP, I have a question why do players use that head scarf.. ?? this reminds me of my playing days during my undergrads. when I was in the university, when playing for my department, we had like 3 abdomen gaurds in the kit that is shared by the whole team..... hence we used our kerchiefs when wearing the gaurd.. :hysterical::hysterical:.. yuck.. has anyone experienced this?

regd the OP, I have a question why do players use that head scarf.. ?? this reminds me of my playing days during my undergrads. when I was in the university, when playing for my department, we had like 3 abdomen gaurds in the kit that is shared by the whole team..... hence we used our kerchiefs when wearing the gaurd.. :hysterical::hysterical:.. yuck.. has anyone experienced this?
And then you guys used the same hand kerchief again to wipe out the sweat from your faces...! :omg: :giggle:
Never had that happen, I have these shorts with pockets for the guard/box, pocket for thigh guards (inner and outer) I believe one reason for bandanna is sweat and it could be to keep hair from coming down, though he doesn't have long hair, so that can't really be a problem. When I had longish hair, it was annoying wearing a helmet
I think its to prevent hair loss. I think wearing of helmets aggravates hair loss. To prevent that these players wear head scarf. I don't know how much truth is in this but I guess thats why they do it. Notice the players who use it Sehwag, VVS. Though a tad too late I guess.:giggle:
Guest gaurav_indian
I think its to prevent hair loss. I think wearing of helmets aggravates hair loss. To prevent that these players wear head scarf. I don't know how much truth is in this but I guess thats why they do it. Notice the players who use it Sehwag' date=' VVS. Though a tad too late I guess.:giggle:[/quote'] Sachin never wears it.B->B->