Crowe apologises for criticising Sehwag

Guest gaurav_indian

Guest gaurav_indian

Crowe apologises for criticising Sehwag

Former New Zealand [images] skipper Martin Crowe has apologised for being too "harsh" and "impatient" while criticising Virender Sehwag's [images] captaincy during the second Test, in Napier, which ended in a draw. "I often have bad days and so I wish to apologise for being too harsh, too quickly," Crowe wrote in his column for a cricket website. "I should have waited and seen more of Sehwag as captain before casting an opinion," he added. Crowe had termed Sehwag as the "worst" captain and referred to his decisions as "unfocused thinking" during the second Test in Napier. But his comments drew flak from former cricketers, forcing the 46-year-old Kiwi to admit that he should have been more patient. "Tony Greig has made it clear that he thinks I have been too harsh on Virender Sehwag's captaincy in the second Test in Napier," Crowe wrote in Cricketnirvana. "He rightly points out that Sehwag had a bad game, but who doesn't? He says, along with Ian Chappell, that Sehwag has done some good work as vice-captain in the past. I am not about to argue with these astute gentlemen. "May I say though that I can't withdraw that comment that what I saw in Napier was the strangest and poorest display of tactics I've seen," Crowe said. "But I should have been more patient in assessing his role as a leader overall, after all he was only given the captaincy minutes before the toss," he clarified.
http://cricket.rediff.com/report/2009/apr/03/crowe-apologises-for-criticising-sehwag.htm Did BCCI bought him too? :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
Correction :- Financial threats from Modi.:giggle:
:giggle: Jokes apart, I do not think he said anything incorrect.. he was quite awful as a captain and that is a fact A few days ago he also said that Sehwag will not be able to reach the status of Master but is better than Gilchrist .. and that is true .. nobody can reach Sachin's stature and Viru's class will never come even near to the Master :hatsoff:
:giggle: Jokes apart, I do not think he said anything incorrect.. he was quite awful as a captain and that is a fact A few days ago he also said that Sehwag will not be able to reach the status of Master but is better than Gilchrist .. and that is true .. nobody can reach Sachin's stature and Viru's class will never come even near to the Master :hatsoff:
That he was. Hope his performance improves in future.