What target should India set at what time?

Dude, 600 lead just puts more psychological pressure. And don't worry about the weather, there is plenty of time left in the match. It'll be finished either by today or 1st session on the 5th day. This is not playing it safe, it's making the opposition more miserable mentally and physically.

I dont know why everyone wants a 600 lead?? wat diff does it make when its being chased by a team who cant even get to 300.. if the weather fecks up tomorrow... then we wont have enough time to force a result.. and kiwis will hapilly draw this one.. neways ppl here r happy with the 1-0 result.. so it shudnt matter much..
My sentiments exactly!
Dude' date=' 600 lead just puts more psychological pressure. And don't worry about the weather, there is plenty of time left in the match. It'll be finished either by today or 1st session on the 5th day. This is not playing it safe, it's making the opposition more miserable mentally and physically.[/quote'] pls tell me ur jokin... when u hava lead of 500 already... u have put enough psychological pressure..and 600 or 700 dont mean anything .. as they wud have resigned to the fate already..
pls tell me ur jokin... when u hava lead of 500 already... u have put enough psychological pressure..and 600 or 700 dont mean anything .. as they wud have resigned to the fate already..
What about the physical agony? When there is so much time left in the match, why hurry? And no, I'm not joking, 600 is still a higher landmark, still more mental pressure.
What about the physical agony? When there is so much time left in the match, why hurry? And no, I'm not joking, 600 is still a higher landmark, still more mental pressure.
Our lead as of now is 100 runs more than highest 4th innings target ever acheived..isn't that in itself a huge psychological barrier ?? also most of us are giving no respect what so ever to the *****ly weather conditions in NZ :haha: Imagine couple of sessions getting washed out coz of rain and India forced to settle for a draw !

Someone, may be SW or SMG, said something like, don't let the opposition bat after a good rest, that's why they need to bat at least an hour in the morning, make them more fatigued and then make them bat. Of course, if they see the conditions are very suitable for bowling, then by all means declare right away and try to utilize the conditions.

bat for hour and a half tomorrow' date=' score as much as you can in that and declare.....[/quote'] Agree. Btw since play is going to start half an hour early today, will the 1st session be 2.5 hours? Whatever the situation, I'd like to have NZ with 30 mins of the 1st session left
Gambhir described yesterday as "all about partnerships" for India, something beyond New Zealand's capability in their first innings on Saturday. "We wanted to play New Zealand out of the test," he added. "If we can set New Zealand over 600, then they will be only playing to survive. We want to get them in that mindset. "With the type of bowling we have I think we can get them out within five sessions. We don't need two days.
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/cricket/news/article.cfm?c_id=29&objectid=10565394&ref=rss

They should bat for an hour on day 4 ,if 15 overs are bowlerd they can score 100 I believe. Then declare....that way they'll have about 50 mins till lunch, about 13 overs...I'd have the spinner on ahead of Munaf Patel and get some men around the bat after Zaheer and Ishant have had a ood go bowling really quick at the NZ openers and even if they don't take wickets, Harbhajan will apply serious pressure. I'm sure with the wind at Wellington, he could get some good drift and cause some havoc.

Depends on when it rains' date=' if it rains out the whole day, it wouldnt have made much of a difference newayz, but if it rains in the final session with a couple of wickets left, then the decision might come back to bite our ar[/quote'] By unnecessarily batting today,didn't we waste close to 20 overs ? oh! I forgot about the magical figure of 600 :giggle:

India ususally closes the series and are not usually worried about the last test result as long as the series is sealed. Remember the last series in England? The decision costed Rahul Dravid his captaincy. Hopefully that won't be the case this time. Still it wasn't good bowling with 8-1 field to Frankyln and using part time bowlers more than the strike bowlers. NZ will be happy with a draw here rather than lose 2-0. I think NZ is capable of drawing the test with a bit of help from the weather. It's not looking too bad at the moment and India may well win in the first session and a half.

danra, Dhoni wanted to ensure 100% series is ours first. For that they pushed the lead to 600+ Nothing wrong with that. He just wanted to make it doubly sure series was secure, and that is first and foremost.
Overnight we were more than 100 runs clear of the highest 4th innings target ever achieved ! What else you need to be sure of a series victory against this modest NZ batting line-up ??