When will Tendulkar/Dravid/Laxman retire?

I suspect Tendulkar will retire from all forms of cricket after the 2011 world cup , which India will win of course!!! I dont see him coming back to Australia for a Test series, given that his last series here was a success, and India have already won the BG Trophy back from Australia.

? What is so funny with the part that you've highlighted ?
Its a valid thread in that he(shwet) is wondering based on scheduled future series and timelines, when SRT/RD/VVS may retire. Its funny that gaurav says this thread should not be allowed and must be closed! (just coz he probably does not want to read or think abt it )

These guys should continue playing for another few years. They don't rely on power or brute strength, more technique and class and that's not going to just go away. Especially guys like Dravid who's technique looked really good. SRT is still playing with his full range of shots and just looks so balanced and poised from his footwork to his head position. Laxman too I think has done a fantastic job considering he doesn't see that much match preperation and just dives in and plays his natural game or wristy shots. Also I can't see where we're going to get two/three replacements for these guys. Vijay is there but apart from him I haven't seen any real contenders. Rohit Sharma was supposed to be a long term solution but his form seems to have abandoned him.

Form in international cricket is so fluctuating. Today's hero can be tomorrow's zero and vice versa. I trust all the three to carry on for a couple of years at least but you never quite know. A bad injury or a run of prolonged bad form can mean a end. I just hope all the three retire in a high like Ganguly did.

True' date=' the bigger question is who would replace them? I don't think India yet have a strong [b']replacement of caliber of Sachin and Dravid.
That would be impractical to expect replacement will be of SRT or RD calibre. If we can find replacements that are about 50% of them in Test matches, then that is good, and those replacements can try to improve over time. Such is the calibre of SRT and RD, they are once in a bluemoon type players.