Rajasthan Royals axe Kaif, seven others!!!

mister

New Delhi: The Rajasthan Royals have axed a big name from their squad even before the IPL got underway. Mohammad Kaif has been axed from the squad along with seven other players. They will now fly back to India. Kaif was purchased for a hefty 675,000 US dollars at the auction last year but didn't have much of a role during the victorious campaign. Kaif had played all the matches but could manage only 176 runs at an average of just 16. He didn't make a single half century, largely because he was shunted lower down the order. The 28 year old kaif has played 13 Tests and 125 one-dayers for India so far. :eyedance:

That is one of the big wows. Yes Atul was one of the HIGH probablities. As a matter of fact he was not even bowling a lot in the nets or otherwise. Looks like Shane Warne has for now settled on Kamran Khan and Amrit.

India discard Mohammad Kaif has been dropped from the Rajasthan Royals squad for the second season of the Indian Premier League. According to sources, the Royals team management stuck to their policy of performance over stars and sent seven players back. Other than Kaif, Srideep Mangela, Dinesh Salunkhe, Ashraf Makra, Paras Dogra, Anup Rengnekar and Azhar Malik have also got the axe. There are reports that two more players will be sent back. However, all these players will get their contracted amount. Atul has not been dropped

Why did they took all these players to South Africa in the first place ??
I doubt Warne wanted to travel to India to scout the talent when the tournament is in South Africa. He knew the 25 or so who were near enough selection and just thought he'd bring them and check them out. ...would be my best guess.

India discard Mohammad Kaif has been dropped from the Rajasthan Royals squad for the second season of the Indian Premier League. According to sources, the Royals team management stuck to their policy of performance over stars and sent seven players back. Other than Kaif, Srideep Mangela, Dinesh Salunkhe, Ashraf Makra, Paras Dogra, Anup Rengnekar and Azhar Malik have also got the axe. There are reports that two more players will be sent back. However, all these players will get their contracted amount. Atul has not been dropped
Ohh that is strange. I know somebody who talked to Kaif (before he was axed) and Kaif told him that Atul does exist, but he he is not bowling a lot in the nets etc etc. And Kaif did not seem to think of him other than just a normal bowler from whatever little he had seen -- which led me to believe he was going to get axed.

The Rajasthan Royals web site SUCKS. They still have their old squad I think. They have Kamran Khan there, but no Atul Sharma -- I am completely confused as to what their squad it. You would think news like this would be released 1st on their web site -- but wait -- incompetent fuqs. Shilpa Shetty should pay more attention to details like this -- rather than shaking her hips and boobs to entice the Rajasthanis. Shameful! Even 3rd garde league teams in the US maintain better web sites than these 120 Million Dollar Organizations in India -- I hate to say this but that is a fact!