Pakistan's absence will affect IPL following - Ramiz

Mamu

Former Pakistan captain Ramiz Raja has said the absence of Pakistan players in the IPL in South Africa will seriously affect the television viewership of the event in the country. Though the players will miss the entire tournament, they will be engaged in a limited-overs series in the UAE against Australia starting April 22 and Ramiz hoped the interest will pick up after series ends. "The event's moved out of India, there are no Pakistani players playing, so the interest in our country has definitely gone down," Ramiz told AFP. "With hardly any international cricket in mid-May the fans will turn towards the IPL and the GEO Super sports channel showing the matches is also drumming up the event." The captain Younis Khan - a member of the Rajasthan Royals last season - added that the Indian fans too will miss not having them around. His team-mate Sohail Tanvir was the leading wicket-taker in the competition last year. The Pakistan Cricket Board had earlier banned its players from participating in the IPL after the country's relations with India deteriorated after the terror attacks in Mumbai in November. When the tournament was moved out of India - over security reasons - the Pakistan players were hopeful of returning but IPL officials said it wouldn't be possible as the squads had already been finalised earlier. "We are even willing to travel to South Africa and sort out this matter with the IPL franchises," Salman Ahmed, who is negotiation with the IPL on behalf of the Pakistani players, told AP. "The franchises have given them nothing in writing. It is in their contracts that a notice will be served before any such termination or suspension, but in this case nothing as such is indicated with any of the players." Prior to the 2009 IPL auction, the contracts of Shoaib Akhtar, Younis, Shoaib Malik, Shahid Afridi, Salman Butt and Mohammed Hafeez were terminated by their franchises and four others - Umar Gul, Misbah-ul-Haq, Kamran Akmal and Tanvir - had their contracts "suspended", allowing their teams to replace them at the draft. It is reported that there is a sense of resentment that the franchises did not inform them before cancelling the contracts and it is believed the players are mulling legal action.
:omg::omg::omg: What is IPL going to do without all those Paki Terrorists watching IPL? Jeeeeesuz -- IPL is going to lose a lot of money. IPL is going to become kangaal. Oh my god -- how will Shah Rukh Khan feed his kids tomorrow? Oh man this is bad bad news Ramiz -- I wish you told this earlier to IPL !

They are useless people. Will watch IPL .. I bet on it. They dont care even no paki player in IPL.... so no need to go ga ga on loosing TRP. By the way indian public is good enough for any TRP.

Good joke. The paki national team commands a mind boggling 1 million for advertising in its shirt (or whereever), how much do this idiot think that Indian domestic games from paki viewership. Rs 100?? Financially, the lowest IPL team is worth many times over what the paki national team is worth, so no one cares about pakistan.

Ramiz is right. it will affect the following in different ways in India and Pak. in India, it will have a positive effect. i for one was dead against KKR because SRK packed the team with pakis.i was supporting any team which did not have cheap pakis. The nut case Afridi spoilt the chance of DC last year because he failed big time in batting and let them down badly in crunch situations. Druggies were also not very effective, Asif ended up on lower side in the list of bowlers and Actor was unfit most of the time.Shoaib Malik choked in the crucial match against CSK and gave us win on a platter from a knife edge situation. so, i am sure more and more pure indians would be happy that the scum of the earth( i mean Afretard here because he said we dont have to go behind BCCI with begging bowls, only to make noises like i am ready, can i play, plz give me my money") does not play this year. i will watch all matches. i hope many would do the same. on the other hand, Pakis may not watch IPL as much as they watched last year because the schedule coincides with the Asutralia one day series. but once IPL picks up and the quality of cricket and thrilling finishes increase, automatically they would also watch. may be they wont admit openly and call it sour grapes.

Good joke. The paki national team commands a mind boggling 1 million for advertising in its shirt (or whereever)' date=' how much do this idiot think that Indian domestic games from paki viewership. Rs 100?? Financially, the lowest IPL team is worth many times over what the paki national team is worth, so no one cares about pakistan.[/quote'] Thier total income in the Aussie series in Dubai is only 1 million And many big players of IPL earn 1 million :haha::haha::haha: Pakistan are loosers and beggars