Dhoni's sad record

bunny

The guy has hit the least # of boundaries hit per ball faced among all batsmen in IPL (who have scored 40 runs or more). He has hit 2 boundaries having faced 80+ balls. If you count 4s + 6s, he is third (7 off 80+ balls) behind G Smith and R Jadeja.

Lack of form' date=' mate. He tried very hard today to get those shots, they just didn't come off. On another day, he would've gotten a few more hits to the fence or even over it.[/quote'] so how come he came ahead of morkel? lack of captaicy form, mate?

You guys are being very hard on him. This is the first time he's been captaining a side when he's not leading from the front. It was bound to happen - he was in great form from the end of 2007 to the end of 2008. This year, he's had it a little tough. I'm sure he'll be back. With regards to sending himself infront of Morkel, error of judgment, perhaps, or they wanted someone to give support to Raina when he was going great guns, etc. You can't fault him for a team decision.

his batting has changed..i don know if he cud again produce those swashbuckling sixes that he used to hit at the start of his career..but he is really really clever and will adjust to the match situation watever it mite be..and mind u he can give the ball a real whack wen he decides to but just that it wont be that often

forget about the ODI ranking stuff.The fact remains that he has not been dominating bowlers for 2 years now
What defines dominating? How many sixes has Sachin hit in the past 2 years? You'd be a noob to think Sachin's not been dominating the past 1.5 years in Int'l cricket.

forget about the ODI ranking stuff.The fact remains that he has not been dominating bowlers for 2 years now
dude u are ranked number 1 in the world because u are on top of all the bowlers around..if hitting sixes and fours wud only be called as domination then Afretard wud be the only contender..sorry ur post lacks logic or common sense

WE have too much hating on MSD, this guy is brilliant IMO, he started with a bang, slowly over time the whole team was full of hitters, so he changed his batting to suit the team (it also could be due to his bad back) He is the #1 batsman in ODIs and he leads players well Just because you people don't agree with his moves it doesn't mean he is crap We have won soo many games because Dhoni has made a move that nobody would have Anyways that six he hit today was spectacular so whatever man

WE have too much hating on MSD, this guy is brilliant IMO, he started with a bang, slowly over time the whole team was full of hitters, so he changed his batting to suit the team (it also could be due to his bad back) He is the #1 batsman in ODIs and he leads players well Just because you people don't agree with his moves it doesn't mean he is crap We have won soo many games because Dhoni has made a move that nobody would have Anyways that six he hit today was spectacular so whatever man
thnx. nice post. :hatsoff::hatsoff::hatsoff:

:hatsoff::hatsoff::hatsoff: Great post!

Brilliant he is not, good he is. We have this hyping up attitude heaps in us. Dhoni is definitely a terrific ODI "Bevan" like player, solid "Boucher" like test player and not a good Twenty20 batsman after he took over captaincy. His keeping is top notch and his captaincy for now is the best. I guess he's an automatic choice for any team right now as a Wicket keeper batsman. I think bats too high up the order but that's my personal opinion.

Brilliant he is not' date=' good he is. We have this hyping up attitude heaps in us. Dhoni is definitely a terrific ODI "Bevan" like player, solid "Boucher" like test player and not a good Twenty20 batsman after he took over captaincy. His keeping is top notch and his captaincy for now is the best. I guess he's an automatic choice for any team right now as a Wicket keeper batsman. I think bats too high up the order but that's my personal opinion.[/quote'] I think in ODIs, he bats perfectly Ravi. Here, in this game, yeah perhaps - but I'd still say that its due to his several back problems (and present lack of form, perhaps). He's endured a lot over the past 2 years that he's unable to hit those helicopter shots. Even today, he tried a lot to hit them for six, and just couldn't do it. He tries his best in Test matches as a batsman. I think he's been brilliant because he was able to cope with all the adulation, all the criticism (that he got when he dropped Ganguly/Dravid in CB Series), and has been a big contributor in winning games (through his captaincy or his consistency as a batsman).