Chappell's 'report' targets seniors

Re: Chappell's 'report' targets seniors Very strong words being used.....on /ndtv Senior players MAFIA Seniors"HAMMER" and "ABUSE" juniors Seniors keeping new players out Seniors undermining Dravid and trying their best to pull the rug from under his feet..... If true...then these sick B@$7654 should be kicked out even if we have to play mostly with an India A team for a long time to come... If it was not NDTV...i wouldn't have believed a word...but they are the most credible among the rot that we have in the name of electronic media.....

Re: Chappell's 'report' targets seniors

Which senior would you guys have dropped? Ganguly? He was on song before the world cup, scoring countless half-centuries Tendulkar? He's the greatest batsman to play the game...and was finding some real form in the middle of the innings Dravid? Probably one of the best batsmen in the world today in both forms of the game Sehwag? Yeah I would have dropped him, but in fairness he was the only one who had any form in the tournament .
How about ALL OF THEM ? They are a bunch of failures who NEVER won us ANYTHING, so WHY THE F*CK should their BLOATED reputations continue to precede them ? WHY are you being so NAIVE as to think that this group of LOSERS will be able to win us ANYTHING ? NEWSFLASH - THEY ARE ALL AT THE TWILIGHT OF THEIR CARRERS ! IF they couldn't do it before, there aint no way they will win us anything now ! DO AWAY WITH THEM. Bring in some new faces, some young blood - they will have more at stake and may not have the same talent but they will guarantee one thing - EFFORT. That is all i can ever ask for, and if a player invariably gives it his best shot, the likelihood of failure is significantly reduced. Get RID of all of these LOSERS.

Re: Chappell's 'report' targets seniors I'd say keep Dravid for tests and dump him from ODIs. Dump Sachin, Saurav and Sehwag from both forms. Drop Agarkar, Zaheer and Harbhajan as well from both forms. Move Dhoni to backup and bring in KKD in both forms.

Re: Chappell's 'report' targets seniors Okay so the same TNN has Chappall denying any kind "reporting of the seniors". Link And Prem Panicker writes: These past two, three days, various newspapers including the one this report appears in have been full of stories of how Chappell's report contains stories of player indiscipline, that it cites chapter and worse, that it points at certain senior players, and much more in that vein. The stories were somewhat curious, because I recall Chappell saying at the end of the World Cup that this time round, he would finalize his report only just ahead of the meeting, and he would not mail it because he didn't want it leaked. The flood of stories coming through ostensibly citing the coach's -- and in some sections, the manager's report therefore made me curious. I checked, and learnt two things: (1) That the report is not written yet, or more accurately not finalized yet and (2) No one has seen it, nor has the coach discussed its contents with anyone, either in the media, or the BCCI. Chappell said that "some people in BCCI" want to tarnish his image. He, however, did not name any one or elaborate. Chappell also denied having had any communication with the BCCI in connection with the attitude of senior players. From all that I have been able to garner, I suspect Chappell is not entirely right about the reason behind these planted stories -- the idea, it appears, is not so much to tarnish the coach's reputation, as it is to achieve another objective. There are, apparently, two groups in the board. One believes that indiscipline has been tolerated for far too long, and that it is costing the team dearly. The other believes in keeping the status quo intact -- they do not want to offend the players in question, and more importantly the sponsors backing them. Since money invariably calls the tune, the second group appears to be having things their own way -- and the first group, fed up of having their complaints ignored, have now hit on the ploy of these 'leaks' from a non-existent tap, in order to bring into the open things they suspect will otherwise be buried. Firing from other people's shoulders might be a clever strategy, but it certainly doesn't say much for the integrity of the board -- the implication seems to be that debate and discussion is not encouraged within its closed doors, thus forcing those who feel the need for such debate to resort to roundabout means. ------------------------------------------------------ So this mud-slingling is by the board. Am I surprised??

And Prem Panicker writes: There are, apparently, two groups in the board. One believes that indiscipline has been tolerated for far too long, and that it is costing the team dearly. The other believes in keeping the status quo intact -- they do not want to offend the players in question, and more importantly the sponsors backing them. Since money invariably calls the tune, the second group appears to be having things their own way
When will these idiots realize continue this performance and there will be no money. If TV rights purchase had gone up now after WC there was no way BCCI would have got 612 million.

Re: Chappell's 'report' targets seniors Like I said, I don't know what to believe with so many rumours flying around. And I shall certainly not question the commitment of Dravid,Ganguly and Tendulkar. I've seen enough of them to know they have the best interests of the team at heart.

Re: Chappell's 'report' targets seniors Chappell might be cr@p, but the underlying issue has to be addressed. Why do out of form, unfit players like VS, SG, SRT, IKP make it into WC squad? Why young promising players like Powar, KKD, SS are kept out? Why does a 23 yr old Munaf who was once touted as a tearaway quick bowl marginally quicker than Kumble? The less talked about the fielding the better it is.

Re: Chappell's 'report' targets seniors ?I did not blame anyone? Vijay Tagore Tuesday, April 03, 2007 01:30 IST MUMBAI: Greg Chappell has categorically denied having made any statement against any senior members of the Indian team. In an interview to DNA, the India coach dismissed reports across media that he had a grievance against senior Indian players. He said: ?[There is] no substance in any of the reports published in the media. I?m not sure where those stories came from. There are many amazing stories coming from all directions.? He added, "I am not sure of the reasons though, but this is misinformation mainly.? The coach disclosed that he is yet to prepare his report on India?s World Cup fiasco. ?I?m still preparing my report for Friday. It will be ready only on Thursday night.? Chappell denied that his plans during the World Cup were checkmated by seniors in the West Indies. He also denied having decided to submit his resignation after giving his report to the BCCI. ?I deny that I have suggested I would resign and I have made no presentations to the board,? he said. In fact he hinted that he may not be averse to continuing. Asked if ?All things considered, would you still be interested in continuing?? he replied: ?All things considered. But we will only know after the meeting. Not before.? Chappell?s contract runs out on April 30. His future will be decided when the review committee of the BCCI meets on April 6 and 7 in Mumbai.

Re: Chappell's 'report' targets seniors This is the same core group of players who have done well in the past. There is no need for any wholesale change in the squad. We just dont have good enough replacements. As for the attitude problems, they have been there atleast since the CT and I dont know whats at the root of them, but they need to be fixed soon, by whatever means.

Re: Chappell's 'report' targets seniors If somebody questions the commitments of the Indian players esp. when they are playing for India :wall: :wall: :wall: . If you expect the same level of commitment from Greg who works here for money :wall: :wall: :wall: . Hope better sense prevails and let us stop licking the shoes of Gorah. We have got the independence and we can make Beter India. Let an Indian become a coach.

?I did not blame anyone? Vijay Tagore Tuesday, April 03, 2007 01:30 IST MUMBAI: Greg Chappell has categorically denied having made any statement against any senior members of the Indian team.
Really?? Then who was planting all those srories about seniors acting like mafia and all that? What motive can he have? Chappall is a big liar!