Death Overs. stats

bunny

Here are the stats of the Indian bowlers in death overs: RPS: 72 runs/10 over : 7.2 Nehra: 96/13 : 7.4 Zak: 44/5 : 8.8 IP : 141/15 : 9.4 IS: 81/8 : 10.1 PK: 82/8 : 10.2 MP: 71/6 : 11.8 Although RPS has done well, one thing to note is that in many innings he was bowling at tailenders (Ojha having already captured the main wickets). Still RPS and Nehra deserve special praise. Bowling in death overs might be India's weak-link in the T20 World Cup.

it has to be pointed out that both PK and IS economy is high in the death overs because of their respective teams inability to get early wickets-hence they are both facing the opposing teams best batsmen in the death overs and any bowler will go for a lot in those conditions,In the t20 world cup i would like PK to bowl out his 4 overs early when the ball is swinging around.

Nehra has actually looked quite good in this tournament. He runs in hard and moves the ball just enough to trouble the batsman. If they can pick Balaji or Praveen Kumar, I dont see why they should not pick Nehra.

it has to be pointed out that both PK and IS economy is high in the death overs because of their respective teams inability to get early wickets-hence they are both facing the opposing teams best batsmen in the death overs and any bowler will go for a lot in those conditions' date='In the t20 world cup i would like PK to bowl out his 4 overs early when the ball is swinging around.[/quote'] I agree with that...But still you have to prepare for the worst, and probably that means selecting RPS and 2 of Zak/Ishant/PK (+ Bhajji, Ojha)...I dont think IP is an option as of now.

I agree with that...But still you have to prepare for the worst' date=' and probably that means selecting RPS and 2 of Zak/Ishant/PK (+ Bhajji, Ojha)...I dont think IP is an option as of now.[/quote'] Not as a death bowler but in English conditions and as an all rounder, I would play Pathan in all matches.

Not as a death bowler but in English conditions and as an all rounder' date=' I would play Pathan in all matches.[/quote'] Would you play play Yusuf too? I think the team will have to choose between one of the two. I think English pitches have gone flat over the years, but I am not sure what happens at this time of the year.

I agree with that...But still you have to prepare for the worst' date=' and probably that means selecting RPS and 2 of Zak/Ishant/PK (+ Bhajji, Ojha)...I dont think IP is an option as of now.[/quote'] why not ?his econ. is better than IS,PK n MP, n also taken 15 wickets,plus he can bat well.he goota be picked ahead of ishant atleast

IKP has swung it in during some matches. If the conditions are good and he can maintain his line then hes a must in English conditions. On flat wickets and small grounds he will just be cannon fodder. But but but i suggest we pick Shoaib Maqsusi. :winky: