IPL format sucks

amits

if u r having 2 teams play twice each other in the league, then the same format should be there in the semis & finals as well with a best of 3 semis & best of 3 finals to make it more fair

Lol, what else do you expect in a knock-out game? :laugh: First of all, I wouldn’t even call this an upset win. Its pretty obvious to anyone who knows the teams relatively well to understand that no single team simply outclasses any other team. So, this result is in perfect line with what should have expected.

Best of three to decide SF and finals. Or in current format' date=' give home advantage to the top two teams in SF and decide likewise in finals as well.[/quote'] they cant a spot on on the ftp for the league stage right now-no way will they be able to have a best of 3 in the post-season.

It should always be best of three in semis and finals. That would be appropriate.
well said
BTW its always nice to see delhi loose. They are paying the price for not picking Mcgrath, Good job Nannes :--)
and also paying price for making shitwag captain. i had said this earlier, gambhir should be the captain. he was very impressive in his captaincy in the matches he captained, but when shitwag returned, he spoilt the winning combination by becoming captain again. even harbhajan singh was a better captain than shitwag

they cant a spot on on the ftp for the league stage right now-no way will they be able to have a best of 3 in the post-season.
u can squeeze in the 2 best of 3 finals in 3 days with 1 team playing only once in a day

Guest gaurav_indian
a team which dominates all other teams for over 14 matches' date=' with 3 comfortable points clear of 2nd place team with 2 more wins & qualified for the semis with 4 matches still left in hand plays against a team which qualified with 14 points & only due to some arbitrary mathematical calculations(net run-rate). if it is a 8-team league, the n the top ranked team should never be asked to play aganst a team ranked 4th. at best, a final can be there[/quote'] :hysterical::hysterical: ro raha hai bechara

and i am not crying or whinging. last year in team 1 v team 4 final, i was supporting rajasthan royals & wanted them to beat us. delhi winning last years semi would have been very unfair

well said and also paying price for making shitwag captain. i had said this earlier, gambhir should be the captain. he was very impressive in his captaincy in the matches he captained, but when shitwag returned, he spoilt the winning combination by becoming captain again. even harbhajan singh was a better captain than shitwag
@m!7$ on fire :band: what happened to the 200 in ODIs @m!7$ ? :laugh:

a team which dominates all other teams for over 14 matches' date=' with 3 comfortable points clear of 2nd place team with 2 more wins & qualified for the semis with 4 matches still left in hand plays against a team which qualified with 14 points & only due to some arbitrary mathematical calculations(net run-rate). if it is a 8-team league, the n the top ranked team should never be asked to play aganst a team ranked 4th. at best, a final can be there[/quote'] You suck!! Get lost :--D

are yaar-this is just IPL2-i predict there will be 2 or even 4 more teams in 5-6 years.i think even the NFL had 8 teams when it started.
So change the format when the number of teams increase. Why should the number 1 team over 56 matches have to face a number 4 team in a cr@pshoot. If you want to have semi finals, have a round robin competition.

well said and also paying price for making shitwag captain. i had said this earlier, gambhir should be the captain. he was very impressive in his captaincy in the matches he captained, but when shitwag returned, he spoilt the winning combination by becoming captain again. even harbhajan singh was a better captain than shitwag
dude even Gambhir sucks. He also didnt bother to pick Mcgrath. Its a simple math.... rotate your bowlers and keep 'em fresh. These guys are nowhere near Dhoni. I'm glad India are under Dhoni. Sehwag is a miserable captain. Unimaginative and doesn't know when things goes out of hands. Delhi did well only based on brilliant performances by Dilshan and ABD(always)& Last minute rescues by dinesh kartik helped the team. bowling, field placing wise.... its a very ordinary captaincy. Lets see how Dhoni does his part when he has to face the song. From what I have seen Dhoni never gives up a loss so easily...he will push it to the brink (eg: last match against BRC and KXIP with low scores to defend)