IPL format sucks

amits

a team which dominates all other teams for over 14 matches, with 3 comfortable points clear of 2nd place team with 2 more wins & qualified for the semis with 4 matches still left in hand plays against a team which qualified with 14 points & only due to some arbitrary mathematical calculations(net run-rate). if it is a 8-team league, the n the top ranked team should never be asked to play aganst a team ranked 4th. at best, a final can be there

Yes' date=' I've been saying it since the start of last year's IPL - it is idiotic to play 56 games to eliminate 4 out of 8 teams.[/quote'] Are you hinting towards, only having a League to find the Champion and eliminate the K/O part of the competition?

before anyone makes fun of me without any reason, last year i had no problems with delhi losing in the semi-final. i myself wanted rajasthan to win last year in the semi-final as delhi was the 4th placed team

Yes' date=' I've been saying it since the start of last year's IPL - it is idiotic to play 56 games to eliminate 4 out of 8 teams.[/quote'] i wouldnt watch a tournament which doesnt have a post -season,that will plain suck.we have a similar system in the NFL and nobody is complaining about it.a 9-7 team played in the superbowl too.