Ok what is our full strength T20 side now?

since rohit, yuvi, raina, and yusuf can all bowl spin, why not go in with 4 fast bowlers? 1.Sehwag 2.Gambhir 3.Raina 4.Yuvraj 5.Rohit 6.Yusuf 7.Dhoni 8.Irfan 9.Praveen 10.Zak 11.RP maybe bring in Nehra for Zak, though I think it is too late for that now... I think Irfan has to come in ahead of all other bowlers except RP, his batting is miles ahead of any of the others and in T20 I doubt the difference between say, Zak and Irfan is particularly significant...Irfan may give 10 more runs but he will more than make up for that in batting and fielding.. Ojha is much better than Bhajji but I doubt the team will pick him first, harbajan is the most overrated spinner in India...especially in shorter forms if we have to bring in a spinner it should be in place of praveen or zak, and i think it shoudl be zak because praveen adds extra vriety as a right armer

Well you can still have variation even within a yorker ... like u said u can vary pace but also, some can be a foot outside off , others can be right on the stumps. But generally speaking, if u were to bowl 24 yorkers in ur T20 spell, even if the batsman could predict u, its unlikely u would be going for 20 an over. PLus, you could set the field accordingly. Not to mention ... swing!!! When the batsman bowls yorkers the main scoring area is fine leg (by shuffling accross ur stumps), or charging down and hitting it on the full through midwicket or cover. You could put people there and thus for the batsman it becomes a huge risk to do that 24 times in an innings. The batsman would probably gain 15-20, maybe 25 runs at most during the spell but its unlikely ur gonna see 10+ run overs with this sort of tactic. I feel that any successful T20 team needs to have 1 bowler capable of bowling an entire spell of yorkers.
personally i think yorkers r very difficult to perfect.if u slighly too full,it becomes a full toss n if u r slightly short,it is a half-volley n both r easy to hit. n i dont agree that that only place to hit yorkers is fineleg or midwicket,u could hit it straight n if it is outside off,thru covers.batsman are improvising a lot these days n being predictable with anythin is highly risky
So now it should be : Gambhir Sehwag Rohit Dhoni Raina Yuvraj Irfan Harbhajan Zaheer Ishant Ojha We can even open our bowling with spin against teams like south africa , england and new zealand.
I Would still play RP instead of Ojha.two spinners are not needed as they cant bowl in powerplays n cant bowl at death.if conditions are good for spin,i would prefer Jadeja my team would be(in batting order) Sehwag Gauti Rohit Dhoni Raina Yuvraj Irfan Bhajji Zak RP Ishant

Sehwag gauti Raina Yuvi Dhoni Rohit Yusuf Irfan Bhajji Ishant Zak I guess this is the line up india gonna field against bangladesh...there can be shuffle in the batting order or may be ojha is gonna play instead of yusuf as he has been offform lately! if zak is injured then we have to go with Praveen kumar as Rp's bowling has been terrible!

I Would still play RP instead of Ojha.two spinners are not needed as they cant bowl in powerplays n cant bowl at death.if conditions are good for spin,i would prefer Jadeja my team would be(in batting order) Sehwag Gauti Rohit Dhoni Raina Yuvraj Irfan Bhajji Zak RP Ishant
Its useless to play with four seamers. Ojha provides a good wicket taking option in the middle , especially while bowling in conjunction with Bhajji (they must attack one of them of they are to score freely and will get out in the process). Atleast you can be sure of 8 tight overs in the middle with a couple of wickets sprinkled in. Also the other strong teams in the competetion viz South africa and new zealand and to an extent ozztralia arent considered as good against spin , hence spin shpuld be our trump card against these teams.
Sehwag gauti Raina Yuvi Dhoni Rohit Yusuf Irfan Bhajji Ishant Zak I guess this is the line up india gonna field against bangladesh...there can be shuffle in the batting order or may be ojha is gonna play instead of yusuf as he has been offform lately! if zak is injured then we have to go with Praveen kumar as Rp's bowling has been terrible!
that is too long a batting line-up.i think 5 bowlers must play.we cant rely on part timers.n i would trust RP over PK since he can bowl at the death n was wore purple cap in IPL just a few days back
Its useless to play with four seamers. Ojha provides a good wicket taking option in the middle ' date=' especially while bowling in conjunction with Bhajji (they must attack one of them of they are to score freely and will get out in the process). Atleast you can be sure of 8 tight overs in the middle with a couple of wickets sprinkled in. Also the other strong teams in the competetion viz South africa and new zealand and to an extent ozztralia arent considered as good against spin , hence spin shpuld be our trump card against these teams.[/quote'] BUT ojha is an inexprienced he can easily be hit around with short boundaries.remember how Taylor took to him in the Warm-up game.also i dont think he has the quick dart yorker so essential in T20.He flights almost every ball n looks to take wickets which is excellent for tests n ODI but can be dangerous for T20.if i have to play two spinners i would play Jadeja bcoz it gives the batting option too n he can bowl quick yorkers as we saw in IPL
viru GG rohit raina yuvi yusuf/irfan dhoni bhajji zak ojha ishant
Dhoni sad he would like to use ishant more in the middle overs more rather then at the death or opening the bowling, if he bowls one over upfront(Ishant) we need irfan as a third seemer! it's between yunus and ojha! and yunus has the edge i guess!

this is what dhoni had to say regarding ishant! One bowler who wasn't looking to bowl yorkers was Ishant Sharma, and he turned the game India's way. Pakistan had raced to 45 after four overs when Ishant came on and completed a rare double-wicket maiden, which included a run-out, to wrestle back the momentum. Ishant bowled the fifth, 14th and 17th overs and finished with 3 for 11. Dhoni said that he was looking to use Ishant during the middle overs, when he could bowl to his strengths. "It's about how you want to use him. More often than not he has been used with the new ball while the field restrictions are on and later on in the slog," Dhoni said. "I feel it's important to use him in the middle overs when batsmen are not really looking to go after the bowlers, so he doesn't have to bowl those yorkers. He can then bowl to his strengths; he's the kind of bowler who likes to hit the deck hard." http://www.cricinfo.com/wt202009/content/story/407286.html

this is what dhoni had to say regarding ishant! One bowler who wasn't looking to bowl yorkers was Ishant Sharma, and he turned the game India's way. Pakistan had raced to 45 after four overs when Ishant came on and completed a rare double-wicket maiden, which included a run-out, to wrestle back the momentum. Ishant bowled the fifth, 14th and 17th overs and finished with 3 for 11. Dhoni said that he was looking to use Ishant during the middle overs, when he could bowl to his strengths. "It's about how you want to use him. More often than not he has been used with the new ball while the field restrictions are on and later on in the slog," Dhoni said. "I feel it's important to use him in the middle overs when batsmen are not really looking to go after the bowlers, so he doesn't have to bowl those yorkers. He can then bowl to his strengths; he's the kind of bowler who likes to hit the deck hard." http://www.cricinfo.com/wt202009/content/story/407286.html
interesting. i would like RP used like that so that we can know about his form.he is a similar bowler
my vote goes for this team too.... Yousuf, Raina, Yuvi can fill up for the 5th bowler