If you could be an international cricketer

If you could be an international cricketer  

1. 1.

How long a list do you want to have for it to be "One of the greatest ODI victories by an Indian team"? It certainly won't make my top 10.
Let's see... 83 WC final B&H Championship of Cricket final v. Pak in 85 Sharjah final 98 Centurion 03 v. Pak Both CB series finals in 08 Hero Cup final in 93 (and I'd LOVE to get my hands on footage of Kumble's spell there once more) Hero Cup semi in 93 (and THAT was a nailbiter... jesus christ was that close - Sachin - :adore: ) Decisive 5th ODI in the Pak tour in 03/04 Pounding the piss out of Sri Lanka in the 99 WC - just felt good after that 96 exit (and that 03 WC win also was phenomenal... one of the most brutal and decisive knockouts I've seen from the India team in ODIs) 96 WC quarter final v. Australia in the 00 Champions Trophy 98 Independence Cup final win v. Pak The thrashing handed out to Aus in Perth in 91 (seriously... bowling them out for 101 and beating em by 100+ runs - at PERTH - is just amazing!) The nailbiter in the 02 Champions Trophy v. South Africa - and I still have no idea how we pulled that one out of the fire with Gibbs batting so brilliantly v. Zimbabwe in 83 - just for the turnaround from 17/5! - for me all would rank higher than the NWS. All significant wins (bar the Perth one, which is just in there because of the sheer awesomeness of beating Aus by 100+ runs at Perth back when it was a bouncy nightmare!) and all against some far better opposition than mighty mighty Ingerland.

I'd have probably put that Zimbabwe win a tad higher Salil, coming as we did from 17/5. Probably one of the top ODI knocks ever for Indian cricket - and Zimbabwe wasn't as bad as it is today, I would think. I have '02 CT vs. SA. Let me know if you want that one. Same '93 Hero Cup Semi.

As a cricketer this is not even a comparison.But most here interested in the off field activities and consider getting few bollywood chicks as the ultimate achievment .Hence YUvi is winning . What about starting a poll like Shane Warne or Imran Khan:winky:

:hysterical: How many here would actually want to be Imran? For one it'd mean spending most of a career sharing a dressing room with people like Rameez (he's bad enough on the mic, imagine the pain of travelling and touring with him), Whacka Eunice, Miandad, etc, and then living in Pakistan for so long... :laugh:

:hysterical: How many here would actually want to be Imran? For one it'd mean spending most of a career sharing a dressing room with people like Rameez (he's bad enough on the mic, imagine the pain of travelling and touring with him), Whacka Eunice, Miandad, etc, and then living in Pakistan for so long... :laugh:
Yeah but there are Zeenat Aman,Moon moon sen etc...etc
its not about greatness.its about who u wanna be.the returns of greatness if u like. Yuvi is no match for Laxman but still enjoys better life IMO
Better life = Bollywood bimbos:devil_smile: I can't see why Laxman not getting these glory chasing attention seeking women .It depends on a person's personal priority .If he wants to he really can provided he is rich and not bad looking . If Sreesanth gets one,who won't.