Advice to Dhoni

If you are gonig to play like a retard in the middle overs like today, don't opt to bat first. You depend on Yuvraj to do the job every time. He did it twice. Against Bangladesh and West Indies. But Dhoni's damage today is far more than against Bangladesh. India must field first with Dhoni in the line up.

If you are gonig to play like a retard in the middle overs like today' date= don't opt to bat first. You depend on Yuvraj to do the job every time. He did it twice. Against Bangladesh and West Indies. But Dhoni's damage today is far more than against Bangladesh. India must field first with Dhoni in the line up.
Precisely.
There is a big difference. They were facing 150 kph thunder bolts from Edwards/Taylor. Dhoni was getting gentle off-breaks from Gayle. 3-0-11-0. Gayle.
The difference is that he came after the BIG HITTERS who couldnt wait for NOT SO FAST bowlers were already back in the hut ... We could have folded for 110 had MSD and UV tried to keep the "shots" going. The difference is UV clicked and MSD didnt ..

Dhoni: "It was disappointing to lose. We didn't get a good start, me and Yuvraj tried to turn it around. I should have stayed for the slog. The batting didn't work today. Hopefully, it will come good for the next game. Hopefully we won't collapse and put a big score on the board." :omg: I missed that part

The difference is that he came after the BIG HITTERS who couldnt wait for NOT SO FAST bowlers were already back in the hut ... We could have folded for 110 had MSD and UV tried to keep the "shots" going. The difference is UV clicked and MSD didnt ..
If 11 runs in 23 balls is the consolidation you are talking about, then India better off not having it. Harbhajan played him far better than Dhoni there. May be Bhajji should come up the order. You cannot say India would be all out for 110 runs. India was down and out even When Dhoni left. Bulk of India's runs came in the last 5 overs. 57 runs.
ok I give up .. whine all u want but just remember what happened at MCG in the T20 when the middle order kept attacking
Let me explain. Let us assume there are 5 gears in the T20 batting.. When batsmen get out playing in 5th gear then the new batsman should come and play in atleast 3rd gear or 2nd gear. Our Dhoni was batting in 1st gear against Gayle. Less than 50 strike rate is poor even in ODI let alone T20. If this is the first time he is doing this we would forgive him. He has been doing it for time and time. Be it is for CSK , be it is for India. Don't you see a pattern there? Least you could do is rotate strike not get stuck at one end.
Let me explain. Let us assume there are 5 gears in the T20 batting.. When batsmen get out playing in 5th gear then the new batsman should come and play in atleast 3rd gear or 2nd gear. Our Dhoni was batting in 1st gear against Gayle. Less than 50 strike rate is poor even in ODI let alone T20. If this is the first time he is doing this we would forgive him. He has been doing it for time and time. Be it is for CSK , be it is for India. Don't you see a pattern there? Least you could do is rotate strike not get stuck at one end.
I see that he could have scored run a ball but that alone wasnt the reason .. how many balls did he waste , 11 ? do u think we could have defended 165 on this pitch with I Sharma bowling like a retard ? See there were many reasons but to single out MSD especially when he was trying to consolidate is not fair IMO. Yes it was one of the factors but so was bad shot selection or attacking too soon by RS , GG , SR... same with bowling both I Sharma and Ojha bowled badly.. for captaincy , I think Dhoni made all the right moves till the 17th over and after that it was all over Hota hai .. .dont worry there is another T20 WC next year

desi_c ..seriously, u cant support Dhoni this time... he actually played pathetically today... there is way to consolidate or playing in a safe manner.. .but that guy totally lost the match for us....... 11 in 23 ball !!!!... thats seriously pathetic...with that style of batting, its Lose Lose situation for us...

I see that he could have scored run a ball but that alone wasnt the reason .. how many balls did he waste ' date=' 11 ? [b']do u think we could have defended 165 on this pitch with I Sharma bowling like a retard ? See there were many reasons but to single out MSD especially when he was trying to consolidate is not fair IMO. Yes it was one of the factors but so was bad shot selection or attacking too soon by RS , GG , SR... same with bowling both I Sharma and Ojha bowled badly.. for captaincy , I think Dhoni made all the right moves till the 17th over and after that it was all over Hota hai .. .dont worry there is another T20 WC next year
Yes... we were actually only 10-15 runs short
Yes... we were actually only 10-15 runs short
lol if we had extra 15 runs then they had 7 wickets and 7 balls spare ... look all im saying is that this guy has lead the team well ... its not like only he failed then why is he getting singled out ? He wanted to make sure that we had enough batsmen to slog in the end but he didnt last long enough to slog .. What do u do when SRT fails in a match ? or how many games to you wait b4 u criticize Dravid , Kumble and all ... Have some faith
lol if we had extra 15 runs then they had 7 wickets and 7 balls spare ... look all im saying is that this guy has lead the team well ... its not like only he failed then why is he getting singled out ? He wanted to make sure that we had enough batsmen to slog in the end but he didnt last long enough to slog .. What do u do when SRT fails in a match ? or how many games to you wait b4 u criticize Dravid , Kumble and all ... Have some faith
Reason is he is the one who opted to bat first. He does that every time rain or shine. Every time India gets into a situation where they are in danger of posting a below par total for that surface. Every time Dhoni is being the culprit. He should opt to chase in case he doesn't know what the heck his team is going to do when they set targets.