Now that South Africa has won against WI

King

there you go In the event of teams finishing on equal points at the end of the Super Eight Series, the right to play in the semi-final will be decided in the following order of priority: The most wins in the Super Eight Series matches. If there are teams with equal points and equal wins in the Super Eight Series matches then in such case the team with the higher net run rate in the Super Eight Series matches will be placed in the higher position. If following the net run rate calculation above there are teams which are still equal, then the team with the higher number of wickets taken per balls bowled in the Super Eight Series matches in which results are achieved, will be placed in the higher position. If still equal, the team which was the winner of the head to head match played between them will be placed in the higher position. In the highly unlikely event that teams cannot be separated by the above this will be done by drawing lots. If all of the matches in a Super Eight Series Group are a no result, for the purposes of determining the semi-finalists, the teams will be ordered by their performances in the Group stages as follows: most points, most wins, net run rate. Any teams that can not be separated in this way shall then be ordered by their original seedings for the tournament. Semi Final
Thanks for that. Didn't know the head to head is considered as the third priority. In the past it always used to be head to head deciding and not NRR. This will open the group up a bit. Good for the tourney.

It doesn't matter if they don't make it. None has seen the future yet. If they do make it, it will be a great fight back. If they don't do it, I'd presume it was on expected lines :winky: I'd cheer for NZ/WI/SL to lift the cup.

whoever came up with idea not taking forward the league 2 points should be shot Whats the point in playing the 1st round matches and topping that group if there was no reward. India would have been in a comfy position, had they got it Its like that sh1tty WC2007 format, one bad defeat and you are out. Here also, even if India wins next 2 matches, they have to depend on other results, NRR etc crappo pakis are in a better position than us due to this stupid rule

^ I told you guys this format is crap. Bring back the format of the 1999 or 2003 world cup. 2 groups of 6. Top 3 from each group qualify for a super sixes, and points carry over from the group stage. From the super six, 2 teams are eliminated and the other 4 compete in the semi finals.

^ I told you guys this format is crap. Bring back the format of the 1999 or 2003 world cup. 2 groups of 6. Top 3 from each group qualify for a super sixes, and points carry over from the group stage. From the super six, 2 teams are eliminated and the other 4 compete in the semi finals.
Bharat, Didn't we have the same format in last T20 Wc as well? In super eith, we lost the first match to NZ. And after that every match became do or die one us, where we played a pre quater final with England, quater final with SA and Semi final vs Australia. It is no different this time around. Last time WI was eliminated in the group stages. This time Australia has been eliminated. The main essence of T20 is that anyone can win on a given day!

^ Yeah I didnt like that format either. The best ones were the ones used for the ODI world cups of 99 and 03. I understand that the main essence of the T20 world cup is that anyone can win on any given day, but we should ideally have a format that doesnt allow a team to benefit from a fluke victory. Personally, I dont even think we should have a world cup for T20. T20 should be used for IPL and warm up matches, but since we have it, I would like a better format than the current one.

^ Yeah I didnt like that format either. The best ones were the ones used for the ODI world cups of 99 and 03. I understand that the main essence of the T20 world cup is that anyone can win on any given day, but we should ideally have a format that doesnt allow a team to benefit from a fluke victory. Personally, I dont even think we should have a world cup for T20. T20 should be used for IPL and warm up matches, but since we have it, I would like a better format than the current one.
I agree with you brahder :hatsoff:
cUrrent number of matches = 4*3 + 2*6 + 2 + 1 = 27 Your suggestion would mean 2*15 + 3*3 + 2 + 1 = 42 The number of matches would substantially increase. I think the main issue was the formation of the groups. They relied on last world cup results because of which Bangladesh got a higher seed than WI and we got a lousy group: India, Bang, Ireland and one super tough Aus, WI and SL. This meant that one of the minnows would reach the super 8s spoiling the competitveness a little bit. Now the issue is that Ireland will again be seeded higher for the next WC and so there's a 75% chance that we will see another minnow in the next T20 WC super8s.

^ What is wrong with the number of matches substantially increasing? Its a world cup!!! It shouldnt be just a quick 2-week tournament. If the administrators are serious about T20 on the international fixture, then they should have it every 4 years, in between the ODI world cups (so that would mean 2009, 2013, 2017, so on) ... and make the tournament 42 matches or more if need be and have it on its own 6 or so weeks.

Your media is giving Dhoni some horrible time...expect it to bite back harshly during the matches. Dhoni should have really shut them up big time, no matter how the team performs. Anyways, looking forward to Broad vs Yuvi competition today. Should be a cracker of a game and India shouldn't really take England lightly.

Guest Gunner
Anyways' date=' looking forward to Broad vs Yuvi competition today. Should be a cracker of a game and [b']India shouldn't really take England lightly.
You worry about Ireland first mate.
Your media is giving Dhoni some horrible time...expect it to bite back harshly during the matches. Dhoni should have really shut them up big time, no matter how the team performs. Anyways, looking forward to Broad vs Yuvi competition today. Should be a cracker of a game and India shouldn't really take England lightly.
I know pakistani fans would keenly watch this match....you're right...we shouldn't take England lightly!
Gone are the days of T20 being used as warm up matches, now it's the most hot format whether we like it or not. A T20 winner in this world cup will be looked upon as a top team going around. T20 also has moved on since the last world cup. Some of the better teams if not all have become fairly consistent. It's taking more than just hitting ability to win the games. There needs to be calculated aggression in this format to win. The bowlers are seemingly figuring out ways to stop the marauding batsmen (Gayle was contained very well the last game). I think the T20 game has evolved over the years.
Gone are the days of T20 being used as warm up matches' date=' now it's the most hot format whether we like it or not. A T20 winner in this world cup will be looked upon as a top team going around. T20 also has moved on since the last world cup. Some of the better teams if not all have become fairly consistent. It's taking more than just hitting ability to win the games. There needs to be calculated aggression in this format to win. The bowlers are seemingly figuring out ways to stop the marauding batsmen (Gayle was contained very well the last game). I think the T20 game has evolved over the years.[/quote'] Ok thats fine. Then have a proper length tournament and dont have it every 2 years. If its here to stay, the administrators need to give it the respect and appropriate schedule it deserves. The current format is a joke IMO.