Now that South Africa has won against WI

King

India's chances of making to Semi Finals even if they win against England and South Africa hinges on England's chances against West Indies. The loss against West Indies will come back to bite India if WI wins against England. If South Africa ends up with the best NRR even after losing against India they will be placed first obviously. From what I understand if WI and India are tied for points then it is West Indies that will go through because they have beaten India already. At this point in time India has a NRR of -0.71, the least of all the teams in the group. England is on -0.67, Wst Indies is on -0.15 and South Africa on +0.90 I don't reckon South African can be walloped by a big margin that will pull their NRR massively. Similarly WI is expected to win against England (although WI have had wood over them this summer) by a decent margin. This will mean India will not only have to aim for a victory here but will also need to win with some decent margin otherwise despite winning the next two games they may still not make it to the next round.

From what I understand if WI and India are tied for points then it is West Indies that will go through because they have beaten India already.
i think it will depend on NRR if there is a tie. I don't think WI will automatically get in because they've beaten India (where did you hear this?). but as you said, we have to win the next two games by BIG margin. England should be doable, but SA will be tough.
If South Africa ends up with the best NRR even after losing against India they will be placed first obviously. From what I understand if WI and India are tied for points then it is West Indies that will go through because they have beaten India already. .
that cant be correct, if India does beat both Eng and SA then 3 teams would have 4 points each, they cant have NRR decides who is No 1 but who beat whom logic to decide which team is No 2, after all India would have beaten SA so why should they be No 1 but all this has to wait till we actualy beat Eng.

there you go In the event of teams finishing on equal points at the end of the Super Eight Series, the right to play in the semi-final will be decided in the following order of priority: The most wins in the Super Eight Series matches. If there are teams with equal points and equal wins in the Super Eight Series matches then in such case the team with the higher net run rate in the Super Eight Series matches will be placed in the higher position. If following the net run rate calculation above there are teams which are still equal, then the team with the higher number of wickets taken per balls bowled in the Super Eight Series matches in which results are achieved, will be placed in the higher position. If still equal, the team which was the winner of the head to head match played between them will be placed in the higher position. In the highly unlikely event that teams cannot be separated by the above this will be done by drawing lots. If all of the matches in a Super Eight Series Group are a no result, for the purposes of determining the semi-finalists, the teams will be ordered by their performances in the Group stages as follows: most points, most wins, net run rate. Any teams that can not be separated in this way shall then be ordered by their original seedings for the tournament. Semi Final

I think India will win v England and SA. England will be easier but not easy. SA have got to implode sometime- hopefully it'll be v India and they will not make the semis like in 2007
Isn't going to happen this time. I think they've got over the choker tag now. Their limited overs form has been good. Expect India to not reach the semi-finals. SA vs Pak / SL in the Final if Pak can keep up their sudden performance improvement.
Isn't going to happen this time. I think they've got over the choker tag now. Their limited overs form has been good. Expect India to not reach the semi-finals. SA vs Pak / SL in the Final if Pak can keep up their sudden performance improvement.
So according to you India cannot beat SA unless SA were to mess up yet pak whos road to semi required them not to lose to 2 minnows (holland and ireland) and somehow beat a injury hit NZ are a much improved side. :two_thumbs_up:

Deep down I think it will be very hard for any team bar SA to win because SA especially have looked unbeatable. However, I do hope we (Pakistan) just outplay Ireland comprehensively and hope that NZ don't hammer SL. If it was down to predictions by most, Pakistan would be merely playing for pride v Ireland and Australia would be fighting it out for a semi-final spot. T20 is too unpredictable.

Ravi, there can be a case where only onr victory, and a good big victory can lead us to semis. Suppose we win big tomorrow, and then England defeat Windies. We can then expect to qualify regardless of the result against south africa just have to make sure that we don't drop our runrate much against saf.

Guys who think itll just be a head-to-head situation, i implore you to use a bit of common sense here ... obviously head-to-head wont work because if India beat South Africa then we have a situation where WIN beat IND, SAF beat WIN, IND beat SAF ... a triangle situation so to speak. Its gonna be NRR.