Indians still cannot play the short ball...

No they dont. But we are not talking about them. We are talking about Rohit' date=' Raina, Dhoni, Yusuf Pathan, Ravi Jadeja and to some extent Gambhir (who used to struggle, got over it, seems like some old problem creeping in a bit for GG, but I'm more confident abt GG than the rest).[/quote'] what r u are talkin bout dhoni has pulled and hooked shoaib akthar's 95 mph short balls for fours and sixes rohit is strong backfoot player, always has been yusuf can play short ball too to some extent gambhir? lol gambhir doesnt struggle agnst any kind of bowling

From cricinfo section:

Neeraj: "Methinks it's high time to drop Rohit Sharma. In the last 10 ODI's in which he's batted' date= counting today, he's had an average of 28.80, which is rather low considering how inflated the average is because he only got out half of those ten times. He hasn't had a fifty in almost a year, and event though he did well during the IPL, his performance in England convinced me he's no Twenty20 star either. "
Yes India batting sorely exposed by short balls today as we piled on 300+ today! Yuvraj exposed:hysterical: Close the thread, Failed thread
well a lot of scoring was done in the middle overs without taylor/edwards in the attack. not to mention fidel - possibly the fastest bowler in the world - didn't even bowl a ball. when the new ball bowlers bowled it was 31-2 at a run rate of 4 odd...
well a lot of scoring was done in the middle overs without taylor/edwards in the attack. not to mention fidel - possibly the fastest bowler in the world - didn't even bowl a ball. when the new ball bowlers bowled it was 31-2 at a run rate of 4 odd...
So the new ball gets old RIGHT when the score is 31-2 and they have a huge 3rd wicket partnership ? :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: UV came to bat in 8th over and scored 130+ runs, so I don't know why this "middle overs" **** is popping up. Jerome Taylor: 10 1 74 1 :hahaha:
The last few weeks have been a boon for idiots of all hues who have found an excuse to engage in a spot of India bashing' date=' forgetting fully well that the current Indian side's[b'] Test & ODI record is far, far ahead of all its neighbours.
I don't think that is a measure of our team's well-being Dhondy, for the ODI sides of Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, and Pakistan are far inferior to ours that it is not worth a comparison. Australia's own record this year has been rather poor. I believe its the first time since the early 1990s that they have lost more than 9 One Days. Our ODI record, save this match, is comparable to the only other team in the world that is sparkling, South Africa. They have an excellent bowling attack, one far superior to ours, I might add; a batting line up that is both reliable and balanced; and they are, beyond any doubt, the best fielding side in the world. We fall short on two of three criterion. While I am proud of India's record and our wins, that we still rely upon our batting to win us games is a shame. And given that the average age of the team falls below 25 years, the fielding is very shabby and well below par. The bowlers' stamina has been very inadequate to the demands of Indian cricket.
So the new ball gets old RIGHT when the score is 31-2 and they have a huge 3rd wicket partnership ? :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: UV came to bat in 8th over and scored 130+ runs, so I don't know why this "middle overs" **** is popping up. Jerome Taylor: 10 1 74 1 :hahaha:
no, but the ball was NEWER before then...he didn't start having a real go at taylor till the 35th over, and he really got rolling once benn and gayle entered the attacks...but you're right he punished the short off breaks for huge sixers.