What is common between the following?

My mistake, thanks for the info. But my point stands - the WC is a major event that comes around every four years, and usually the focus of the team's ODI planning/selection over a few years. This is maybe a bit more significant than the B&H/C&H/random Aussie sponsor tri-series.

no, the headshake was at the fact that there is a 20/20 world cup again next year, not at you. i agree, this one didn't hurt at all to be honest. The Sydney test hurt. The last ODI WC hurt............hurt very very bad. Heck, even the Asia cup final hurt worse than this, so did the SL test series :((

no' date=' the headshake was at the fact that there is a 20/20 world cup again next year, not at you. i agree, this one didn't hurt at all to be honest. The [b']Sydney test hurt. The last ODI WC hurt............hurt very very bad. Heck, even the Asia cup final hurt worse than this, so did the SL test series :((
^ zOMG - u reminded me of Sydney Test and SL Test series. Run the erase program in memory especially today :sherlock: We need a Test series with SA in SA. A win there will do a world of good.
^ zOMG - u reminded me of Sydney Test and SL Test series. Run the erase program in memory especially today :sherlock:
can we get that auto-programmed to run every day (initially, set it to everytime you start to "reply")? :sherlock: :finger:
o man the last odi wc made me literally cry. I lost my appetite for a week.
That sucked... although for me the 96 semi was as bad as it got. The truly sad thing there is that Tendulkar was in ****ing amazing form and the way he was batting that tourney - winning was a REAL possibility in a tourney that meant so much, that too at home. And then coming off the huge high of beating Pak, we started the semi in such perfect form - removing the two danger men in the first over (and given the way Jayasuriya had thrashed India and England single handedly, removing him literally felt like the game had been won) - and ended up going on to lose in as sad a manner as I've ever seen. That's probably the only match I can't ever bring myself to watch again.
That sucked... although for me the 96 semi was as bad as it got. The truly sad thing there is that Tendulkar was in ****ing amazing form and the way he was batting that tourney - winning was a REAL possibility in a tourney that meant so much, that too at home. And then coming off the huge high of beating Pak, we started the semi in such perfect form - removing the two danger men in the first over (and given the way Jayasuriya had thrashed India and England single handedly, removing him literally felt like the game had been won) - and ended up going on to lose in as sad a manner as I've ever seen. That's probably the only match I can't ever bring myself to watch again.
:((:((

For me nothing was worse than the 2003 World Cup Final The 2007 World cup was slighlty better because the positive that came out of it was that we got rid of Guru Greg, and begun our winning ways. This is nothing in the big scheme of things. Our boys were not on their game when it mattered but this is a young side and hopefully theyll learn from their mistakes and improve the next series.

The really sad thing was the reactions at the end... fans reacting very badly' date=' and the players absolutely heartbroken - Tendulkar's reaction post-match is gutting for any Indian fan, and Kambli had broken down and was sobbing on the field at the end of the game.[/quote'] o man, weren't there some tears shed by our greats in 2007? big feckin ouch maan :((
Guest Gunner
From 98/1 to 120/8. I watched and remember every painful moment as our batting unravelled on a square turning pitch. Btw, the curator had asked Azhar to bat first on winning the toss. When they were 0/2 I think with both Jaya and Kalu out, me and my friends were delirious with happiness, we really thought it was in the bag. Then what happened later was a real shame. The behaviour of the fans will go down in the history of cricket as the most shameful incident on a cricket field. The Chennai test of 98 was probably when I felt that the whole country had lost, it really took me a while to recover from that. The barbados and sydney test losses were also very very painful. Compared to all that, what happened yesterday was crap. A nobody team got lucky against us on a bad day.

i thought Jadeja move was good.. when sent in at no. 4.. but there was no plan behind it.. he wasted lot of delieveries.. granted they bowled lot of short balls.. but he should have played more aggressive shots after lil bit.. gambhir's wicket was key IMO.. he was playing sensibly..

The really sad thing was the reactions at the end... fans reacting very badly' date=' and the players absolutely heartbroken - Tendulkar's reaction post-match is gutting for any Indian fan, and Kambli had broken down and was sobbing on the field at the end of the game.[/quote'] Brings back so many bad memories, absolutely hated SL team for a long time :--D