What is common between the following?

Guest gaurav_indian

^^ Before that we have champions trophy in South Africa.And our players know the conditions there.Plus its ODI less chances for minnows to upset anyone.We are playing really well in ODI's.

Guest gaurav_indian
Yes. India won the toss and elected to field in all of those crucial games. And these very defensive decisions cost us everytime. :-O
Where is my 1 million ICF?I want to bet on Pak vs Ireland.:((
^^ Before that we have champions trophy in South Africa.And our players know the conditions there.Plus its ODI less chances for minnows to upset anyone.We are playing really well in ODI's.
Well said Paaji, we will destroy whoever is in our group and especially take revenge from the Angrez
Yes. India won the toss and elected to field in all of those crucial games. And these very defensive decisions cost us everytime. :-O
brah, if Dhoni had decided to bat first today, ICF right now would've been a million times more annoying with all these posters saying how we should've chased given that we lost the last game. :-O On paper, our batting is much much stronger than our bowling....the target was not hard to chase at all. Really really hard to blame the young guy, but if Jadeja had even scored at run-a-ball, we would've won easily.
brah' date=' if Dhoni had decided to bat first today, ICF right now would've been a million times more annoying with all these posters saying how we should've chased given that we lost the last game. :-O On paper, our batting is much much stronger than our bowling....the target was not hard to chase at all. Really really hard to blame the young guy, but if Jadeja had even scored at run-a-ball, we would've won easily.[/quote'] Brah, if Jadeja was not sent in before the likes of Yuvraj, Pathan, and Dhoni who either remained not out or were forced to throw their wicket away then also we would have won.
Brah' date=' if Jadeja was not sent in before the likes of Yuvraj, Pathan, and Dhoni who either remained not out or were forced to throw their wicket away then also we would have won.[/quote'] yes, it was a big miscalculation to send in Jadeja. I have no idea why he was even sent in. There didn't seem to be any plan. He wasn't sent in to slog (which is what he does best as far as i know :dontknow:). (not another mindless dhoni bashing here, maybe team management bashing). but i didn't see a single person carrying out drinks to let Jadeja know that he has to hit or atleast take singles or just get out. He's only 20 and inexperienced.
brah' date=' if Dhoni had decided to bat first today, ICF right now would've been a million times more annoying with all these posters saying how we should've chased given that we lost the last game. :-O On paper, our batting is much much stronger than our bowling....the target was not hard to chase at all. Really really hard to blame the young guy, but if Jadeja had even scored at run-a-ball, we would've won easily.[/quote'] As history shows us, all our captains have mucked up in crucial games by putting unnecessary pressure on themselves and the team by chickening out and opting to bowl first. Bat first, bat big and then all the pressure is on the other team.

BTW... how many people here actually WATCHED ball by ball the two eliminations we had at Sri Lanka's hands in the WCs? The 96 semi final was absolutely GUTTING... and the 07 first round elimination was also seriously painful to watch - this thing barely registers on the scale. (Heck... I can think of a few tri-series final losses between 00 and 04 that hurt more than this... or the series loss to Pakistan in 05 AFTER being 2-0 up!)

Yes, but the WC losses were genuinely upsetting and painful. This isn't. Another T20, move along. They'll get another chance in a couple of years next year, or if they win the Champions Trophy in September I'm sure pretty much everyone will forget this.
:headshake: world cup every year?