The Mendis Slayer

Exposed. Nowhere to hide for the most overrated bowler of the last five decades. A reputation built on hype and on the mental fragility of a couple of Indian stars. Now torn to shreds by batsmen too astute to fall for the propaganda. A buck gets two that this man will be out of the SL test team in a year's time.

Exposed. Nowhere to hide for the most overrated bowler of the last five decades. A reputation built on hype and on the mental fragility of a couple of Indian stars. Now torn to shreds by batsmen too astute to fall for the propaganda. A buck gets two that this man will be out of the SL test team in a year's time.
Touche.....:hatsoff:

>M.Yousuf owned him! He bowled 68 bowls to him and Yousuf made 43 of that!! including 5 fours!! no no no, you din't watch the game. Did you. He was at sea against him initially and he should have been given out against Mendis.

Mendis 25 overs 2 maidens 89 runs and NO WICKETS against us in 1st inn:hysterical: http://www.cricinfo.com/slvpak2009/engine/current/match/403367.html M.Yousuf owned him! He bowled 68 bowls to him and Yousuf made 43 of that!! including 5 fours!! saala mendis kameena, he suks...overrated
no need to get personal, he doesn't suck but i guess the novelty factor has worn off, everyone is treating him like a legspinner

Mendis Magic Has this guys really lost it? Or is just the Pakis? I mean we are talking about Pakis after all ? Man I had called this guy to be taking up the Worlds Best Spinner Mantle -- when he hangs his boots up in 10 - 15 or whatever years. I might will have to rethink my statement.

HE WAS NEVER GREAT.he had a unique action which Indians struggled with since he was new.as he played more his mystery subsided n he is exposed,even Yuvraj,who is said to be terrible against spin,thrashed him around in Lanka series

Longevity is the key. Its easy to show case the best of your skills (however extraordinary it may be) in one or two series, much harder to keep it going for over a decade like Murali has done. Injuries, form, fitness, stress etc will make every player eat his share of humble pie at some point in his career. Mendis would do well to end up with 350 test wickets next to his name. With T20 taking over, thats a lot of test wickets for a modern day bowler. I see Mendis lose his way the moment the batsman attacks him. He is not as good as Murali in bowling under pressure. I believe that will come with experience. Mendis still has the skills to trouble the very best. But he cannot just show up and grab a bag full of wickets like he has done in the past (unless the batsmen have never faced him before). Batsmen have begun to read him better. I do expect Mendis to be far more successful when operating in tandem with Murali.