When will we have an express fast bowler?

We need to face up to our wekanesses and the realities. Will not go in to pak mentality of denial and sticking head in sand. The fact we have no qulaity express pacers sucks(of course with control/movement, I have to keep adding this as otherwise the control/movement brigade jump in, Do Ihave to keep sating the obvious?) . Its vital if we want to dominate world cricket. Lets not deny the fact we need a Trueman, Marshall, Ambrose, Donald and Steyn type bowler. Those who can and often will bowl express and blow teams away. When will we ever get one?
I've heard no one denying the need for a Marshall, Ambrose, Steyn type of bowler. But what do you want to do? The simple fact is that there is none - forget near reckoning of international cricket, no one even like that with the raw ingredients even in domestic cricket. And with increased TV exposure most have seen our domestic bowlers bowl live. Tell me which bowler you can see coming close to that. The only one remotely capable of something like that is Sreesanth, but his fitness and commitment lets him down on more occasions than one. Till then the best alternative is to develop skill sets long the lines that Zaheer has done, so that we at the very least have a decent attack in a group.
I can understand KT's yearning. A great fast bowler can make most batting lineups look mediocre. On days like this, soul searching is the order of the day. But KT, a fast bowler will not materialise out of thin air. Indians have neither the build, nor the heart for fast bowling. Would any side pick two miserable spinners if they did? India should give up pretensions to fairness and build rank crumblers at home. That's the only way they can win against sides like SA with great fast bowlers. It's nice to dream, but if we couldn't produce one in 60 years, the odds are we won't get one in the next 60. Delighted that we were the top dogs for a month or two. Now it's time to hand over to the big boys. Steyn+Morkel sounds kinda better than Harbhajan+Mishra, wouldn't you say? The most embarassed guy in Nagpur must be Ishant Sharma. Steyn has ripped off his veneer of potential greatness like nothing else could. But at least he has his IPL millions.
Yes not thin air. But for god sake cant we put in good plans to identify young athletic types at young age and make them quickies? This MRF academy has produced no one, why? I am sick of every new guy playing for india clockig it at low 80s. My heart sinks when i see them! As like boxing adage says " a good biigun will beat a good liitlun" In fast bowling the same applies, "a good fast one will be better then a good slower one"
Yes not thin air. But for god sake cant we put in good plans to identify young athletic types at young age and make them quickies? This MRF academy has produced no one, why? I am sick of every new guy playing for india clockig it at low 80s. My heart sinks when i see them! As like boxing adage says " a good biigun will beat a good liitlun" In fast bowling the same applies, "a good fast one will be better then a good slower one"
Won't happen, KT. Just as we'll never have an Olympic sprint medalist, nor a side in world cup football finals, or a Grand Slam singles champion. It goes way beyond resources. Accept the inevitable. Peace of mind follows.
Won't happen' date=' KT. Just as we'll never have an Olympic sprint medalist, nor a side in world cup football finals, or a Grand Slam singles champion. It goes way beyond resources. Accept the inevitable. Peace of mind follows.[/quote'] All of the above is true and frankly depressing. However, one day will will have that great express bowler. We are to cricket mad a country for it not to happen one day by luck. I may not be alive to see it but it will happen:--D
i dont know who told u this.Venky has been on Neo panel n one thing he advised was to bowl with pace' date='aggression in his words'to bowl the bowl n not just put the ball in right areas'[/quote'] Wasn't the "reduce pace, prolong career" advice the one which cost him his job? :hmmm: And why would he admit on national television that the reason he was sacked because he asked Ishant & Co. to become gentle medium pacers?
Sure our bowlers can clock 140 k on this pitch. But next ball they will have to be carried out in a stretcher coz they will have run 26 miles' date=' doen 100 push ups, 200 sit ups after that one ball.[/quote'] I see my sentiment seems to be finding takes :two_thumbs_up:
well it is strange for me that so many australian can bowl at 150+..I am not sure it is due to their natural ability or SOMETHING MEDICAL
They eat Non-veg, bubaaa. And we eat veg; thats why we can't bowl as fast as them. Don't you know? :giggle:
Are you sure you are not Prasad in disguise:hysterical: Your advise to Steyn and co is bowl medium pace and concentarte on movement:hysterical: So thats the moral of the lesson for the No 1 bowler in world cricket in Steyn' date=' bowl slower, thats the reason he got to number 1 clearly. Thank god you never advised Ambrose or Marshall:haha: Have you been coaching India and are reason why none of our bowlers scare the hell out of anyone?[/quote'] Oh Prasad :((
Steyn's words "As a quick bowler, you know that if you pitch the ball up, you'll get driven," he said of the trap set for Tendulkar. "But when you pitch it up, you have a chance of finding the edge of the bat. I didn't mind being hit for four down the ground or being nicked through the slips. If he's willing to drive, there's a chance I can get a wicket. That's the risk you take when you pitch up."
Steyn backed up his verbal "diarrhoea" in the media with a STEYNING performance :adore:
We are not going to get even a Kallis let alone Steyn in terms of pace. We just have to deal with and move on.
True. Coz we may just have another "reduce pace, prolong career" advising coach lurking somewhere :hehe:
its far difficult to negotiate a 90 mph delivery coming at you than a 70 mph with movement. someone like an akhtar need not rely on bowling at the right areas as long as they can blow batsmen away with raw pace.
:hatsoff: Agreed

king_tendulkar, you are becoming my favorite poster(though I dont understand your obsession of Bhajji in Tests) ... alteast there are some souls in India who are finally realizing that we need a fast bowler... Its the Indian mentality that pace bowling doesnt get you wickets which is costing us big time to produce a genuine quickie.... ..let me give you my example..back in my Grade 11-12, I used to play with some Indians older than me.. Everytime I try to bowl fast and give a wide once in a while, they all stare at me asking me to bowl in line and length and give up my pace...mind you, I was the quickest one... I used to hate that... then I started playing Cricket around Pakistanis and I'm serious, no matter how many extra or runs I gave, they knew I was the fastest so I always got to bowl full quota of my overs ...and thats how I got more pace in my bowling.... Lesson Learnt- Indian mentality towards Pace bowling is just shameful

Wasn't the "reduce pace' date=' prolong career" advice the one which cost him his job? :hmmm:[/quote'] thats just speculation.do u have any proof?
And why would he admit on national television that the reason he was sacked because he asked Ishant & Co. to become gentle medium pacers?
he wouldn't but while Analysing Sharma,he mentioned lack of pace n intent,not the wrong length,doesn't it tell u how he must have coached Ishant? oh n btw,its stupid to assume that he would advise everyone to cut down pace just bcoz he himself wasnt express
thats just speculation.do u have any proof?
Nope. And neither do you to prove otherwise.
he wouldn't but while Analysing Sharma' date='he mentioned lack of pace n intent,not the wrong length,doesn't it tell u how he must have coached Ishant?[/quote'] Agreed. I however refuse to believe something like Ishant woke up one day and said to himself, "okay, I'm gonna cut my pace and make sure I don't touch 142". There is more to it than meets the eye
oh n btw' date='its stupid to assume that he would advise everyone to cut down pace just bcoz he himself wasnt express[/quote'] It is an absurd statement you've made. Infact, I'd like you to use the "Search" feature and tell me where have I even remotely referred to his personal lack of pace as a reason for him advising the boys to lower their pace.
Nope. And neither do you to prove otherwise.
u dont have to prove something not happening.so its your responsiblity to prove that Prasad was fired coz he advised bowlers to cut down on thier pace
Agreed. I however refuse to believe something like Ishant woke up one day and said to himself, "okay, I'm gonna cut my pace and make sure I don't touch 142". There is more to it than meets the eye
well Ishant is not a kid,with the amount of cricket nowadays cutting pace is the only way to survive for a quickie.also on these flat pitces,the faster u come,the faster u go if u r not accurate.n to maintain accuracy,he sacrificed his pace
It is an absurd statement you've made. Infact, I'd like you to use the "Search" feature and tell me where have I even remotely referred to his personal lack of pace as a reason for him advising the boys to lower their pace.
i did not say u said it.i'm generally referring to people who think like wise.go thru the threads n there r lots of them. btw,if thats not the reason,why do u think would Prasad advice Ishant to cut down his pace