Ashish Nehra is still crap

Nehra did well in the IPL and so he deserves a chance! That's how things work, you do well in a tournament and then get picked to play for the team! Nehra may not be the best bowler, but if he continues to chip in with early wickets, I feel that should be good enough. Also, for his first game after such a long hiatus, 3 wickets is a pretty decent start. As far as bowling in the death is concerned, no one in our team is good at that (although RP used to do a decent job) so there is no point pointing fingers at him only. All the bowlers need to get their acts together.

Nehra was always an average bowler.In my opinion,Ajit Agarkar is much better than Nehra in one-dayers.He is bit expensive but he's a wicket taking bowler.More to the point,he is sharp,quick(bowls around 85 mph),bowls good slower deliveries and can bowl good yorkers at the death.He bowls well against left-handers.Jaysurya,Saeed Anwar always struggled while facing him.He would have certainly troubled chris gayle on this tour.But unfortunately he is not making the tour.

Where are you getting your statistics from ? :hmmm:
wat statisitics u dont need statistics to prove this rp always bowled death overs in ipl and also for india in t20 world cup in fact his over in semifinal vs australia was what finally finished the game and made it easy for jogi in the end and lets not forge t his over in the final vs pak when he bowled gul zaheer is good death bowler b/c he has a good yorker andu can see how well he bowled at the death in that odi vs england at bangalore last year these 2 guyz are indias best death bowlers but one is injured and the other one isnt good anymore

Umar's an improving bowler. He just needs his team to play some cricket!! That would help. I remember him bowling well to help Pak win Kitply cup- I did watch it on TV live in Bangalore with Indian fans, so do remember! But a few of those were when he game back from injury...PS, if Parnell only just started a few months ago, how come you mention him?!

Ashish did a good job for Delhi.. He was one of the best bowlers in the IPL, he should have been given a spot in the T20 squad as RP was injured (?). And talking bout ODIS.. Cmon ! Give him some time, he's still bowling pretty decent.