6 year old cricket prodigy

King

Amazing cricketer this lad. All of 6 years and a little over this fella can hit the ball all around the wicket. Playing against the bowling machine set at about 55-60 mph he looks at absolute ease. These clips have him batting against full length and short of good length but he is also stunning against short balls. Pulls and hooks the ball with ease. From what I know he eats, drinks and breathes cricket. If his interest remains intact IMO he will make a wonder cricketer. Whether his interest will stick to cricket or not we will need to see. Watch his footwork, it's amazing both front and back. Such little legs but is able to move both forward and backward. He also picks the length so quickly, sign of a very good batter. He hardly is few inches taller than the stumps but pretty good at reach despite that. I would like to hear from you folks what you think about this little lad. The video may take a while to load if you have slow connection. Wait for a while and it should load. If it doesn't load quickly, try hitting the play button. Watch it on full screen, it looks that much better. If you prefer, you can download the video from : http://www.indiancricketfans.com/files/cricket1.wmv http://www.indiancricketfans.com/files/Cricket.wmv

Re: 6 year old cricket prodigy

ravi' date=' just a suggestion, there is only ONE sachin and there are none born and will in future, maybe h e can become ponting :hic:[/quote'] I don't know about Sachin but this lad is stunning. This kind of technique at 6 years of age is unheard of in this part of the world. There could be hundreds in India but I've never seen as young as this play like this. He ain't Sachin but you got to really wonder how the heck 6 year olds can face a bowling machine and play this well these days. I suppose it is to do with the exposure cricket has got. Cricket is on TV 24x7 and these lads pick from there I suppose. I doubt if Sachin Tendulkar had this kind of technique when he was 6 years old. We can't compare this lad considering there is a long way to go but for his age he sure is a prodigy. Who knows he may lose interest in about couple of years but he sure has class.

Actually the way he takes his stance is more like Ganguly No Comments on the short ball though :eew:
:hic: I think he has his own technique and is pretty strong on the leg side. Strong on his cover drives surely.

He is six just 6 ?? are u kidding ? assured footwrk.. and abs nothin across the line....
Shocking innit :shrug: First time I saw him he was about 3 years and was hitting the ball crisply with foot work :eek: Then he didn't know to play back foot, never defended and never left a ball. Now he does this all :eew:

Re: 6 year old cricket prodigy Yup he sure is 6. He is barely few inches taller than the stumps. The problem with bowling machine is that the ball bounces fair bit and it is not nice if he gets hit but he just doesn't stop batting though. From what I know he plays over 100-150 balls at a stretch against the bowling machine. I can't quite compare him to anyone but I do think his flourish is like Lara's. Certainly gives it all when he wants to hit the ball hard.