M Vijay and Badrinath

why dont u understand,Gambhir is an OPENER n there were vacancy in openers slot for the T20 WC.Also Gambhir is younger than Badri,so got his chances. n who told u he was a slow player,he was always a player not afraid to go aerial. selecting Badri for T20 wen there were so many options would have been stupidity,while Gambhir was the best choice by far for the opener's role
Again, we have also seen the aggressive Gambhir when he got consistent chances, people should understand that players who come into the squad get nervous and do not want to get out so they play slow. This is same as to what happened to Gambhir and what is happening with Badri. And next this is not about Gambhir, I know he is a great player but why cant badri go on a gambhir stage or more simply why he hasnt despite we having a weaker middle order in the past years
Again' date=' we have also seen the aggressive Gambhir when he got consistent chances, people should understand that players who come into the squad get nervous and do not want to get out so they play slow. This is same as to what happened to Gambhir and what is happening with Badri.[/quote'] no Gambhir was always aggresive n confident.he always played freely.whereas Badri looks overcautios n nervous
And next this is not about Gambhir, I know he is a great player but why cant badri go on a gambhir stage or more simply why he hasnt despite we having a weaker middle order in the past years
we had a weaker middle,but we needed youngters to fill that.if we had to resort to Badri,why drop Dravid n Ganguly.n moreover they made use of early chances they got,thus showing that they belong to international level,thats why a long rope is given to them bcoz selectors know they belong to international level n can be brilliant players in time.Badri hasnt done that

#1 Question: Badri played an average innings in SL when RR is 3. Answer: Your top batsmen failed to score even that RR at that pitch #2 Question: We got mixed result in SL with Badri Answer: He was asked to slog in the 2nd match. And he failed. After match Dhoni said something like this.. Someone has to go after bowling and Badri did it, but doesn't work. On 3rd ODI again he droped to #7 position #3 Question: He looked nervous and cautious and not confident Answer: Nothing again RD. Doesn't RD looks nervous in the past 2 years? Can anyone have same attitude in early 20s and late 20s? Especially, when always failed to achieve their ultimate goal (making to Team India)? Van Gogh was one of the best artist, did he live "confidently"? Once Badri settles he makes up the SR Just give him a series of chances at fixed batting position and look the results. All badri haters talks as if we are going to loose all the matches, if he is in team and we are going to win all, if he is not in team. I don't know why so much biased view against him. When all craps gets amble opportunities.

#1 Question: Badri played an average innings in SL when RR is 3. Answer: Your top batsmen failed to score even that RR at that pitch
no the question is not that.problem is wen he was asked to accelerate in next game,he looked pathetic.clearly he is one-dimensional which is not acceptable in modern ODIs
#2 Question: We got mixed result in SL with Badri Answer: He was asked to slog in the 2nd match. And he failed. After match Dhoni said something like this.. Someone has to go after bowling and Badri did it, but doesn't work. On 3rd ODI again he droped to #7 position
so wat u wanna say?that he should have given the position according to his strength ignoring the team cause?i'm sorry but a new player doesnt have such luxuries
#3 Question: He looked nervous and cautious and not confident Answer: Nothing again RD. Doesn't RD looks nervous in the past 2 years? Can anyone have same attitude in early 20s and late 20s? Especially, when always failed to achieve their ultimate goal (making to Team India)? Van Gogh was one of the best artist, did he live "confidently"? Once Badri settles he makes up the SR
RD has established himself at the internatinal as a truly great player,a legend.thats why he was persisted with coz we know he hs the ability.if u wanna compare,watch RD,debut innings,did he at all look nervous?no he was supremely confident of himself n made runs
Just give him a series of chances at fixed batting position and look the results. All badri haters talks as if we are going to loose all the matches, if he is in team and we are going to win all, if he is not in team. I don't know why so much biased view against him. When all craps gets amble opportunities.
Badri is 28.if we wanna give a series of chances,why not a youngster?a younster would be much preferred investment.bcoz of Badri's age he'll have limited chances n he gotta avail them to prove himself at international level
no the question is not that.problem is wen he was asked to accelerate in next game,he looked pathetic.clearly he is one-dimensional which is not acceptable in modern ODIs You need to coach Pakistan , so they will keep changing players after 1 match and then only lose... 1 match and you are the expect,,, and you can say all about him? so wat u wanna say?that he should have given the position according to his strength ignoring the team cause?i'm sorry but a new player doesnt have such luxuries Not only a new player but every player do not have that luxuries do play their game all the time. About Badri, it is the same old story, you judge player by their reputation and media hype which is the worse thing, badri has no media supporters so all of us look at him more carefully and offer him little chance to showcase his talent and when some hyped youngsters come, they are good... potential..... . despite getting below average scores So where does your master nalysis go then?? RD has established himself at the internatinal as a truly great player,a legend.thats why he was persisted with coz we know he hs the ability.if u wanna compare,watch RD,debut innings,did he at all look nervous?no he was supremely confident of himself n made runs So if you do well in debut you are destined for success and if not, you are doomed and should go??? Badri is 28.if we wanna give a series of chances,why not a youngster?a younster would be much preferred investment.bcoz of Badri's age he'll have limited chances n he gotta avail them to prove himself at international level Again youngster and so if you were the coach, you would have picked all under 19s right??? and when we would have lost many matches, for you it will be all about long term investment... it is about talent and no age as you want to win now also

I am unable to grasp how the hell you're able to compare some mediocre player from TN to a legend who is one of the top 2 bats of this decade, and probably one of the immediate picks to any AT Indian XI for a test team, and if I were choosing, for the ODI Xi as well. The competition is so damn high that a guy who's made 8000 runs at #3 is not getting a chance to represent the one-day team and you expect someone like Badrinath to be an immediate selection? Because there are so many people vying for a spot in the team, if you are unable to an extremely good impression in your first outing, you are getting marked down. Rohit has built an image in the mind that he can attack and play a defensive innings with equal ease, and he has time in playing his shots, etc. Now how long will he live with that image? Based on the recent 30 probables for the SA CT, not long. There are plenty of people with Badri's stats in domestics who are not getting a spot. And stop comparing him to people like Dravid and Tendulkar. Not everyone who has a bad start in their career will turn out to be a Dravid or Tendulkar (who apparently has not distinguished himself outside Asia until last year.. wtf).

First of all, Did I compare Badri to RD? I'm not that fool and don't go off topic! What I said is, after scoring 10K+ runs in both versions of game, RD looks nervous because of his continued failures in the past 2 years. When such a legend can be nervous, you expect a new international player, who doesn't make his debut till 28 years, not to be nervous. And remember he didn't get out because of his nervousness on debut match. When it comes to other players, we always talk about "natural game". If it is Badri, then he is one dimensional player. Great! Rohit continues has opener regardless of his continues failures in WCT20. And he is #3 through out the WI series regardless of his continues failure. When it is Badri, our captain can't give him (though he played good knocks) a fixed position even in IPL.

When it comes to other players, we always talk about "natural game". If it is Badri, then he is one dimensional player. Great!
no it is 'natural game' with Badri too.but problem is his natural game doesnt suit ODI cricket anymore.others players have a mixture of defence n attack n they have proven that they can do it in international cricket too.but Badri failed horribly when he was required to attack.this only means one thing to me
Rohit continues has opener regardless of his continues failures in WCT20. And he is #3 through out the WI series regardless of his continues failure. When it is Badri, our captain can't give him (though he played good knocks) a fixed position even in IPL.
its because Rohit proved himself at the internatinal level in his FIRST match.he made a splendid 50 on T20 debut.Then wen Viru was injured ,rohit was made opener n he impressed in earlier games,he wasn't a complete failure.and in WI,he wasnt no.3'throughout the series',Dhoni came at no.3 in 3rd game n those were only two tried n tested options since Raina was out

Lord, are you really series about your argument or just kidding me?

others players have a mixture of defence n attack n they have proven that they can do it in international cricket too. but Badri failed horribly when he was required to attack..
Can you please name few youngsters who played defensively when required (spin and/or swing), except GG a domestic performer? Can't you remember how many times we got all out for around 150 runs? SL final ODI, Asia Cup, recent WI, etc? Reg. Badri he failed once to attack and he failed horribly and its end of his ODI career? Same theory doesn't apply to other because they are young and special talent. :)
rohit was made opener n he impressed in earlier games' date=he wasn't a complete failure.and in WI,he wasnt no.3'throughout the series',Dhoni came at no.3 in 3rd game n those were only two tried n tested options since Raina was out
Against, Ireland and Bangladesh? :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Can you remember how well Badri played in a turning square wicket against Warne and adopted the tips from hyden well? and ATTACKED the bowling?
Lord, are you really series about your argument or just kidding me? Can you please name few youngsters who played defensively when required (spin and/or swing), except GG a domestic performer? Can't you remember how many times we got all out for around 150 runs? SL final ODI, Asia Cup, recent WI, etc? Reg. Badri he failed once to attack and he failed horribly and its end of his ODI career? Same theory doesn't apply to other because they are young and special talent. :)
yes ,Rohit did it in his T20 debut,playing densively wen we had lost early wickets n ball was seaming around.in some CB series games too including the final. n no,its not about failing once.u r not getting my point.its about failing at the start.wen others failed,they were persisted with bcoz they had proven themselves at the international level already
Against, Ireland and Bangladesh? :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
u have bad memory,he did well against NZ n Pak too
Can you remember how well Badri played in a turning square wicket against Warne and adopted the tips from hyden well? and ATTACKED the bowling?
oh yeah,selectors should look at IPL performances n they did.but there too youngsters like Rohit,Raina pwned him bigtime:hysterical:
yes ' date='Rohit did it in his T20 debut,playing densively wen we had lost early wickets n ball was seaming around.in some CB series games too including the final.[/quote'] If you really think, Rohit is playing well when ball swings and seaming around, I'm speechless. His ODI stats speaks for himself.
n no,its not about failing once.u r not getting my point.its about failing at the start.wen others failed,they were persisted with bcoz they had proven themselves at the international level already
Only adolescents fall in love at first sight.:winky: I hope you can remember Marvan Atapattu. Apart from that he wasn't a failure in that SL series IMO
u have bad memory,he did well against NZ n Pak too
In practice matchs, does that really counts? especially against Pak Under 19s?
oh yeah,selectors should look at IPL performances n they did.but there too youngsters like Rohit,Raina pwned him bigtime:hysterical:
Really? Look at the stats where Raina played at #3 and Badri at #4. It tells you the truth.
If you really think, Rohit is playing well when ball swings and seaming around, I'm speechless. His ODI stats speaks for himself. Only adolescents fall in love at first sight.:winky: I hope you can remember Marvan Atapattu. Apart from that he wasn't a failure in that SL series IMO In practice matchs, does that really counts? especially against Pak Under 19s? :hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe: India lost that world cup :P Really? Look at the stats where Raina played at #3 and Badri at #4. It tells you the truth.
(yawn)
If you really think' date=' Rohit is playing well when ball swings and seaming around, I'm speechless. His ODI stats speaks for himself.[/quote'] lol how many ODIs have have u seen recently wen the ball is seaming n swinging around?your argument surprises me
Only adolescents fall in love at first sight.:winky: I hope you can remember Marvan Atapattu. Apart from that he wasn't a failure in that SL series IMO
yep i remember Marvan n he was DROPPED.but he was young(20 yrs old) n came back to ressurect his career.Badri was 27 wen he was dropped.there is hardly any comeback from there.
In practice matchs, does that really counts? especially against Pak Under 19s?
ofcourse they count,especially against Pak.would u really have dropped Rohit after those innings
Really? Look at the stats where Raina played at #3 and Badri at #4. It tells you the truth.
why the hell would i look at that?i would like at overall stats n they tell me that Raina scored 434 runs at a S/R of 141 while Badri scored 177 runs at a S/R of 108,which is better.if u wanna say that Badri can only play at 4 then i dont want him again.in this age,we need players who can adapt to different positions

Even on flat tracks Rohit is a failure in ODIs. No need to talk about swing and seam. If you are not able to look at this you are simply refusing to see the truth. If Raina can adapt to different positions, then why not he got shuffling and Badri at fixed slot? Everyone knows the answer. If you do the shuffle to raina same as badri, you will get tons of bullshit. If Viru and SRT are fit in this series, Team management won't go for DK and Jadeja/Nayar.But, They are not ready to replace a opener with another opener (M Vijay) and middle order batsmen with another middle order batsmen. (Badri). DK a wicket keeper basically who doesn't keep the wickets. Jadeja terribly failed with bat and didn't bowl his full quota. All rounder! Nayar didn't bowl and bat. All rounder! Everyone knows why team composition is so... w/o giving any kind of decent international exposure, you can go on saying "Badri is failure" PS: I'm glad that at least one TN batsman gets his chance and prove himself, DK

Even on flat tracks Rohit is a failure in ODIs. No need to talk about swing and seam. If you are not able to look at this you are simply refusing to see the truth. Yeah. Agree. After a promising start to his career and some great games down under, he has become a complete bullshit now. Even in T20s he's not making a mark. When he opened in the T20 warmups, it was a make shift arrangement till Viru returns. He did play well in 2-3 matches but was a complete failure in the Super 8. Inspite of that persisting with him as no. 3 in WI ODIs was stupid. If Raina can adapt to different positions, then why not he got shuffling and Badri at fixed slot? Everyone knows the answer. If you do the shuffle to raina same as badri, you will get tons of bullshit. I strongly feel, any player shuld be given a decent run at a given positin. Doesnt matter whether he is 21 or 28. Otherwise you'll end up spoiling his career and make a " what could have been" out of him If Viru and SRT are fit in this series, Team management won't go for DK and Jadeja/Nayar.But, They are not ready to replace a opener with another opener (M Vijay) and middle order batsmen with another middle order batsmen. (Badri). Thats the saddest part, which I could never understand in the WI series. I'm sure the Selectors would have picked M Vijay to replace Viru and Badri to replace Sachin. And Dhoni just showed them :finger: by saying, you can only pick the squad.. but I'm the one who'll pick the playing 11 Now when Viru and Sachin, return, Vijay and Badri will be dropped promptly, because they were replacements ad now there is no need as the main guns are back. Going by Dhoni's logic, it should be DK and Rohit who should be dropped when they return. DK a wicket keeper basically who doesn't keep the wickets. Jadeja terribly failed with bat and didn't bowl his full quota. All rounder! Nayar didn't bowl and bat. All rounder! That was Dhoni having brain fart again... the disease he picked up in IPL2. Rememer Ashwin? Everyone knows why team composition is so... w/o giving any kind of decent international exposure, you can go on saying "Badri is failure" PS: I'm glad that at least one TN batsman gets his chance and prove himself, DK
Even on flat tracks Rohit is a failure in ODIs. No need to talk about swing and seam. If you are not able to look at this you are simply refusing to see the truth.
i didn't talk about swing n seam,u did.Rohit has proved himself in swinging n seaming conditions.he is a failure in ODIs.WI was last chance for him IMO n i dont think u will see him again in blue colors for quite some time.but,however it may hurt u,i would like him to be replaced with young Virat Kohli than Badri
If Raina can adapt to different positions, then why not he got shuffling and Badri at fixed slot? Everyone knows the answer. If you do the shuffle to raina same as badri, you will get tons of bullshit.
agreed there.Badri was shuffled a lot but then it was bcoz he didnt too well at position that was open for him.the only position he did well was no.4 where Dhoni was a bigger success n being the captain,he took it.
Guest Hiten.
Bump. Badri and Vijay sucking MAJOR ass in the emerging player tournament. :hehe:
Dude, chill :whack:. Badri is wonly comfortable playing at #4. Any promotion or demotion from that position and he is bound to fail. I am sure Yum Mes Dee is controlling the emergents from India and making sure Badri is slotted in a position where he won't be able to score.