Buchanan criticizes Indian cricketers!

Texy

Former Australian and Indian Premier League team Kolkata Knight Riders coach John Buchanan's relation with India may have ended but he still holds very strong views about Indian cricketers. So.. he is sacked by KKR.. isn’t he? In his new book The Future of Cricket: The Rise of Twenty20, Buchanan has taken potshots at not only at Sachin Tendulkar and former India skipper Sunil Gavaskar, but at many other current and former players. Buchan writes that Sachin Tendulkar is not a player who can dominate in a Twenty20 match. He believes Tendulkar is no longer good enough for the Twenty20 format and has come out with sensational remarks on the batting maestro and his usefulness in cricket’s shortest version. "History will remember him as a cricketing master. But is he an effective T20 player at this stage of his career? In the position he plays, as an opener or No 3, the T20 game requires not only the finesse and skill he has, but also power and domination... an ability to take the bowlers on while being creative. You have to be inventive, fearless. And I don't see those qualities as part of Sachin's make-up at this stage of his career. Sachin Tendulkar is still a great player, but not in this arena of T20," writes Buchanan. He just needs to watch one test inning and one ODI inning by the master and he’ll immediately realize how big an **** hole he is. The test inning I’m referring to is the 155* against Shane Warne, the fearlessness and the innovativeness of that inning were stuff of legend. The preparation that went behind the scene – that of roughing up the pitch and asking LSK to bowl on the rough – is something no coach would have thought of and yet Sacchin did that.. The ODI inning I’m talking about is the one at Sharjah.. please refer to the article “Remembering Brillliance” by graphic23 The legendary Gavaskar has been referred to be 'blinkered by bias and tradition' and Yuvraj Singh, too, has come in for some harsh criticism. "Yuvraj Singh in a sense tries to be a modern-day Ganguly, but I don't think he has the charisma or the dignity with which Ganguly carries himself," Buchanan writes in his book. Yuvi himself would know that he is not a Ganguly when it comes to Ganguly’s off side brilliance and the captaincy skills. However Yuvi is a great player himself in his own rights. He doesn’t need a Buchanan to stick his head out and point at his lack of.. whatever.. Buchanan has also slammed Harbhajan Singh, Kevin Pietersen and Shoaib Akhtar though he surprisingly holds high praise for Ganguly. In one chapter of the book, Buchanan even compares Ganguly to former Australian skipper Ian Chappell. "Harbhajan is good at dishing out treatment, lighting the fire and then finding an appropriate means to camouflage his actions," writes the former Australian coach. Writing about the Andrew Symonds-Harbhajan Singh incident, Buchanan says that "Harbhajan dished it out, but when it came to his turn... he was not able to receive it back so well." He he.. this is the best. Buchy must be on drugs when he wrote this chapter or he must have been on roofy durin the monkey-gate episode, to have forgotten what happened. He has also blamed Bangalore Royal Challengers owner Vijay Mallya for nopt giving enough freedom to his players and caches. "Vijay Mallya didn't allow the players to play and the coaches to coach, which is why he employed them in the first place," he says. Oh.. so.. SRK giving a free hand to him in running that circus called KKR Support brigade was more successful (slipping and finishing 8th in a fray of 8 team) than the Beer Baron’s management of his team (climbing 5 places from 7th place to 2nd place). The world knows better... However, speaking to CNN-IBN, Buchanan defends himself saying his book offers an insight into the world of cricket and asks his detractors to read it before commenting. "Once you read the book Okay.. there goes.. so you’re expecting us to buy your filthy book to know what **** you have dished out.. that’s the reason you’ve sprinkled the book with such controversial statements that make the headlines.. Dick head.. we aren’t fools. I’m confident that you and the hapless publisher whom you enticed into publishing this crap wont have to buy Toilet paper for the rest of your lives… you will see I am extremely supportive of what India is doing and how they are going about their cricket. At the same stage there are certain individuals I suppose within that, that draw my attention as there are individuals from other countries that draw my attention in the book and I am quite happy to try and expand my thoughts about those people and provide some insights to them. I think its important to put the questions in context. It's important to do that. Hopefully you get a chance to read the book and others do so as well," says Buchanan when asked about his criticism of players like Gavaskar. "I was very excited to be in the IPL in 2008. It was a real challenge... something out far from what I was used to in 20-over cricket. Working in a franchise format with a range of different people in so far as players from all around the world was concerned... in terms of the mercenary approach, from a coaching and support staff perspective, there was no mercenary approach. I enjoyed the experience in South Africa. We didn't necessarily get the result we wanted but the experience with IPL is definitely something to be a part of," he adds. At whose expense? KKR and SRK :rotfl:

Guys guys, this is just another smart ass ploy to promote his book in India. He has realised that nothing spreads like a controversy and will translate into increased sales. Lets stop paying attention to this dumbass just as we ignore some of our overenthusiastic padosi fans. Buchanan is not even an average cricket player, mediocre at best. I regard his views are as respectable as that of a school kid. :finger: Buchanan

Harbhajjan comments on his blog @ http://bhajji.bigadda.com/

Just woke up a while back, trying to adjust to the jet lag from West Indies. I have taken a short vacation in the UK visiting family here. Its been quite a hectic last few months for all of us, was a good consolation to win the ODI series against West Indies. I was reading sms’s from my manager- Sangeet, who asked me to have a look at what the greatest coach of an IPL team of all times had mentioned in his just released book. I read through the comments on a online news portal. The great coach indeed had some great comments to make, just like his great coaching methods. I am not surprised at this. Infact anything coming out of Australia does not surprise me anymore. It just shows how much they love me and keep thinking about me in their minds and hearts. Anyways, whatever is happening in Australia just shows how much love and respect they have for us. This is not the first time an Australian has showered his praise on me and am pretty certain he wont be the last one either. What surprises (offends) me are the well crafted and framed comments on proven legends like Mr Gavaskar and Sachin by someone whose coaching credentials were doubted by the acclaimed and most respected Aussie Legend Leg spinner. The coaching credentials were tested waters again at an IPL team this year. There used to be a time when action used to speak louder than words but now its vice-versa. Words draw more attention that action. At times I wonder why all these things appear just before the launch of the book. Good luck to them.
I was reading sms’s from my manager- Sangeet, who asked me to have a look at what the greatest coach of an IPL team of all times had mentioned in his just released book. I read through the comments on a online news portal. The great coach indeed had some great comments to make, just like his great coaching methods.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH ! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA .. I love this guy ! :cantstop: Did you hear that Johnyy ? :--D

Some thing blue_brigade wrote in another thread but so true for every single such thread. 'Why do us Indian fans feel inferior whenever there is a praise for cricketers from other parts of the world ? We don't need anyone's assurance over who is the greatest batsman, because everyone is entitled to their own opinion.'

Guest Hiten.

What did Buch do when he found out that there will be a second auction in IPL ? Did he unearth any talented players and give them a chance ? He 'outsmarted' everyone and 'stole' Mortaza for 600k, making him the most expensive bench player :hysterical:. Moreover, guys like Charl langeveldt, Murali Karthik were made to sit out and along with Brendon they kept using the same rubbed out side to lose even more matches. ..And why is he crying about adding more foreign players in playing XI ? What did he achieve by injecting dozens of foreign coaching staff in KKR camp ? Aren't other teams playing by the same rule ? Foreign players' cap is a good thing because if this cap is ever removed no franchise will go for unknown Indian commodity nullifying the second reasoning of IPL (first being making $$ :cantstop:).

Does anyone know what he said about shoaib akthar ?
he probably said Shoaib is lazy and doesn't follow routine, shows up late...bla bla.... completely ignoring Shoaib gave KKR one of its finest wins regardless of his attitude towards rules. and Buchanan is trying to praise Ganguly while criticizing Sachin.... he's forgetting they're both Indians and you insult one of us, you insult all of us
Guest Hiten.
and Buchanan is trying to praise Ganguly while criticizing Sachin.... he's forgetting they're both Indians and you insult one of us, you insult all of us
What kind of twisted logic is that ? Everyone is entitled to their opinion. We do not have to go and grab them by their necks if their opinion differs from ours. Reacting to these idiots' logic will only make us look bad. If he thinks SRT is not suited for T20 so be it, we all saw how his chosen one (Brendon) for captaincy performed compared to SRT in IPL II :winky:.
How would Bradman do today ? Yes i know he's dead and everything but' date=' still, that's no excuse. at this stage of his career i reckon he'd be rubbish.[/quote'] I reckon he'd be 110+ and so he'd definitely be rubbish :giggle:

Moody hits back

MUMBAI: Kings XI Punjab coach Tom Moody hit back at John Buchanan, saying he has been wrongly quoted by the latter in his recent book. "I was surprised to hear that I have been quoted in John Buchanan's most recent book. I have neither read the book nor been intimated by John about its release with my supposed quotes," Moody said. The former Sri Lanka national coach further added that he was rather taken aback by Buchanan's reference to Kings XI captain Yuvraj Singh. ''I certainly cannot recall any such conversation. "I am not in the habit of airing team laundry on such trivial matter," Moody shot back. The book has Buchanan saying that Moody told him "Yuvraj would just walk off after training, leaving all his gear and rubbish behind because he was in the habit of someone else picking up after him."