Shane Warne is an amazing commentator

I like him purely for the fact that he doesnt mince words like most of the other commentators do. For example, when Collingwood was listed as coming in at no.5 (he did, however, end up coming in at no.4), he was extremely critical of him saying that, being the senior batsman of the team, Colly should have volunteered to move up in the order. In Warne’s opinion, this could have shielded the out of form Bopara and the struggling Bell. On the flip-side, like most Aussie commentators, he is rabidly pro-Aussie. The only other Aussie who’s probably even more biased is probably Ian Healy. But Max_Caddy has a good point when he says that it doesn’t matter if a commentator is neutral or not, as long he makes it interesting for the viewer.
He only does not mince his words when it comes to english players and non aussie players. When it comes to aussie faults he is as timid as a mouse. I mean he should be ripping in to Hussey, Pontings shocking captaincy and selection etc etc but srangley when it comes to aussies he hardly says jack
He only does not mince his words when it comes to english players and non aussie players. When it comes to aussie faults he is as timid as a mouse. I mean he should be ripping in to Hussey, Pontings shocking captaincy and selection etc etc but srangley when it comes to aussies he hardly says jack
I agree with 100% with that. Thus my point about him being shockingly pro-Aussie in his comments.
Guest Gunner
It's just his personality mate, he's not going to change for anyone. You either like him or you don't, obviously you don't...
Well said. Some people need to lighten up around here.

i like him because he is original n doesnt say cliched things n the obvious.but his expertise comes in wen a spinner comes on.yesterday wen Swann was bowling he was encouraging to bowl quicker while others were saying flight the ball.also he wanted Strauss to leave the extra cover open to entice Watson to drive n was mad wen a single was taken.he said spinner should first look to tie up one end n not look for wickets every ball

Guest Gunner
Exactly Lal also has his own personality and likes talking about widlife. People also need to lighten up in his regard as well
Sure. I have never said anything negative about Lal or any other commentator except the Pakiz.