Shane Warne is an amazing commentator

Examples Thal? I can't tune in at the moment, so bring it alive for me, please.
Just the odd touch of cheerleading (cheering on Johnson to come good with a wicket in the final few overs), but really incisive insights. A bit about his experiences with Bopara in county cricket and why he feels Bopara's a soft touch, a whole lot of insight into a bowler's mentality when the new ball is concerned, and why he thought Ponting should have called for the new ball straight away with Johnson swinging the old ball, interesting technical points about things like Hilfenhaus' bouncer and a lot about the mental aspects - such as how batsmen approach a bowler like Johnson or Devon Malcolm who could spray it all over and suddenly bowl one lethal unplayable delivery. Feels like a breath of fresh air after hearing idiots like Rameez Raja and Waqar Younis over on Ten Sports during the Pakistan games.

The guy is really intelligent. People think it's just academics that are loaded with gray matter. IMO, some of the top sportsmen are among the most intelligent people on the planet. The way they can see things is totally different from ordinary prople. Some of it comes through painstaking practice, the rest is God given. I think Warne would have been a smashing success in most walks of life.

He really ripped into Bopara saying how one 50 in a World Cup doesn't make him a great batsman and how he would arrive 3 hours early to a match to sign autographs :haha:
Yeh the other commentator thought Warne had beef with Bopara but Warney said thats just my honest opinion

Optimist , thats what warne is. even after bowlers were getting hit all over the park he kept on saying "this is good , they are going for the shots which means they are under pressure to score ". He looks for positive in everything and only thinks about success , he never gives up and its amazing to hear his thoughts.

seems like a natural, great listening to him. This commentary team is one of the best i've ever listened too....and his point about a guy like devon malcolm is so true. I hate it when the bowler bowls wide after wide and then just bowls a beauty to produce the nick and you get back to the pavillion feeling you been robbed. Atherton then brought up a great counter point saying how he preferred putting away the loose balls from these bowlers instead of facing the accurate bowlers who would bottle it up. All in all they made the cricket a LOT more enjoyable.

seems like a natural, great listening to him. This commentary team is one of the best i've ever listened too....and his point about a guy like devon malcolm is so true. I hate it when the bowler bowls wide after wide and then just bowls a beauty to produce the nick and you get back to the pavillion feeling you been robbed. Atherton then brought up a great counter point saying how he preferred putting away the loose balls from these bowlers instead of facing the accurate bowlers who would bottle it up. All in all they made the cricket a LOT more enjoyable.
Really, I love Warne as a commentator. Did anyone hear how he was going about there must have been some printing mistake in the stats that was presented for dual between him and Nasser on the field? Great sense of humour! In the first test and during the warm up match I liked Holding the best of the lot. I think the Sky producer has a lot of hand in keeping these guys on the track because this same Holding has done a terrible commentary in a match between India and Pakistan shown on Ten Sports. I can say that this commentary team is better than any, even Nine.
Could not hear him yesterday. Watched most of the match in mute. Will try to catch him today. A good commentator is such a relief in today's age of Lals' date= Raja, Fernandos, Yunises etc.
why would u do that.Arun Lal n Waqar Younis were not commentating