Sreesanth in Warwickshire: Performance Updates

Guest Hiten.

Please tell me what talent some of you see in SS. To me he's another great product of our legendary average medium pacer producing factory. Out bfor his one time performance in SA is mentioned.
He has the best seam position in world cricket, bowls in the 140-145 range when he is fit and in rythm and has had many more performances in a short career besides the utter demolition of South Africa on their home patch which have been noteworthy like the very next test at Durban or the test in Kingston. And in the CB series in Australia he was regularly picking up wickets as well.
Please tell me what talent some of you see in SS. To me he's another great product of our legendary average medium pacer producing factory. Out bfor his one time performance in SA is mentioned.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: He bowls 140+ regularly. On an average, I would guess he is the fastest in the country.
County cricket has always helped our bowlers to hone their skills after a long break. Zaheer came back with vengeance after a stint in county cricket. Hope Sri realizes his potential....
Its a long shot..but.. SS could be great if he resets his priorities and sticks to it !..and someone please gag him on the field. If all goes well..he could make a potent partnership with Zaheer and ishant in tests,ODIs,20-20s... we wouldn't have to fear bouncy fast wickets if that happens..even currently I don't think our team would beat anyone worth beating.. on a pacy/bouncy wicket
County cricket has always helped our bowlers to hone their skills after a long break. Zaheer came back with vengeance after a stint in county cricket. Hope Sri realizes his potential....
Ajit Agarkar played county cricket at Middlesex in the past. There goes your theory.
Guest Hiten.
Ajit Agarkar played county cricket at Middlesex in the past. There goes your theory.
Jayasuriya is Aggy's b!tch...there goes your theory :finger:
He has the best seam position in world cricket' date=' bowls in the 140-145 range [b']when he is fit and in rythm and has had many more performances in a short career besides the utter demolition of South Africa on their home patch which have been noteworthy like the very next test at Durban or the test in Kingston. And in the CB series in Australia he was regularly picking up wickets as well.
how convenient. and sorry but he bowls arnd 135kph so thats medium pace for you. yes he does he 140+ but those are his effort balls. thats hardly fast is it? anyway, bowling really fast is not a requirement. what he lacks is the cliched bowling brain. bowling a 4 ball every over and overreacting like a monkey is not going to get you to think how to outfox a batsman. clenching your teeth after you get hit and bowling a faster delivery in anger only to get hit for a six is hardly commendable. i maintain my stance.

Sreesanth joins Warwickshire Sreesanth has confirmed he is joining Warwickshire this season and expects to participate in the club's last seven games in the County Championship after August 7. The fast bowler, who's played 14 Tests and 41 ODIs, made himself available after he wasn't picked for India's 30-man provisional squad for the ICC Champions Trophy. "The contract has been signed and I am just waiting for the visa. The other details will be confirmed only after I reach there," Sreesanth told PTI. He said that he was looking forward to the opportunity of training under Allan Donald, Warwickshire's bowling coach. "Allan Donald is my bowling idol and hopefully I will further improve my bowling," Sreesanth said. Sreesanth said his commitment with Warwickshire was not going to clash with the Ranji Trophy season scheduled in November, as he is due to return home on September 27. He also hoped the experience of playing county cricket would help him make a comeback to the national squad. "God willing, I will be back in team India," he said. "This is a great opportunity for me to play in a county club and I hope to make a comeback into the side." Sreesanth sustained a back injury in March this year and was not included in the Indian team for the ICC World Twenty20. He played in the IPL, representing Kings XI Punjab. He last made an international appearance in an ODI against Australia in March 2008.

Guest Hiten.
Isnt it ironic that the way to get back into the reckoning for the India squad is go play in a foreign league and show your worth
It is ironic on BCCI's part, because they would not prepare pitches in the domestic circuit for us to evaluate a player. Every other batsman has a bradmanesque average on our pitches....we sure cannot boast thissss much batting talent :giggle: