Chaminda Vaas declares retirement from tests

I'll also add that I've met Vaas on a couple of occasions, last time was in NZ at a game (in Queenstown) where Sri Lanka got hammered. Vaas took just a wicket and wouldn't have been too happy after the loss, but he was a class act and hung around after the game, chatting with a number of fans, signing autographs and being a really nice guy in general. Cricket needs more of these gentlemen.

expected.Sad end to a great cricketer.i still feel he had more than a year left in him.selectors r looking too much into this series perormances.Thushara n Kulasakeras wil be exposed brutally against better teams like India. anyways,well done Sir,u have been a legend:hatsoff:

One of the most under rated cricketers ever. Certainly the most underrated player in last decade. Absloute top class performer, yet never got the kudos he deserved. Probably because his speeds on the bottom of the tv screen which flash up did not impress. But his volume of wickets and swing and seam certainly did.

Great cricketer of his time. Not sure he would have performed in a different era but in his time he was one of the better ones out there. Knew his talents and limitations and performed well within it. Also quite handy as a batsman down the order.