Woman stripped in public in Patna, probe ordered

Desi Cartman

PATNA: Bihar chief minister Nitish Kumar has ordered state police chief DN Gautam to inquire into the alleged assault and stripping of a woman by a group of men in Patna after the opposition and women's rights activists created an uproar over the incident. Officials said the chief minister ordered Gautam to undertake the probe on Thursday night although the police headquarters had already asked Inspector General (Patna zone) Sunil Kumar to look into the incident. A group of men had allegedly abused, assaulted and then stripped a woman in her 20s in full public view at a busy road in the state capital on Thursday evening. A police team was reportedly present at the site and watched the attack on the woman for nearly an hour before taking the culprits to the police station. Additional Director General of Police (Headquarters) Neelmani said Assistant Sub-inspector Shiv Nath Singh, who was in charge of patrolling the area, has been suspended for not helping the woman in time. The woman was identified as resident of Jesidih, a town in the neighbouring state Jharkhand. Rakesh Kumar, a resident of Punaichak here, had lured her to Patna with a promise of providing a job to her. Soon after she came here, Rakesh forced her to have sex with his friends. She ran away from the hotel where she had been staying with him for the last few days. However, Rakesh and his friends caught up with her and attacked her. Police have arrested Rakesh, who is said to be involved in the flesh trade. "Police have lodged a case against Rakesh and others on the basis of the statement of the woman," an official said. The state women's commission has asked Patna Senior Superintendent of Police R. Mallar Vizhi to submit a report on the incident. Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad condemned the incident and said that it shows that no government existed in the state. :((:((:((

I remember once a news channel showing footage of an old man lying by the roadside sick and passersby not even looking at him, let alone notice his plight. The anchor was describing in a sad voice how the people of MUmbai have become indifferent. My nephew asked me what the camera crew was doing. "Are they waiting for him to die?"

Guest Hiten.
Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad condemned the incident and said that it shows that no government existed in the state. :((:((:((
Bast3rd trying to equal his differences with the govt. as if Bihar was well organized and crimeless under his government. Btw who was this Rakesh fellow and why did the woman live with him in a hotel. Shameful act by the police for standing and witnessing the whole act..why did they even bother catching the culprits ? They had their entertainment should've moved to another destination and witness another pathetic act

Guest Hiten.
Here is the video link, http://ibnlive.in.com/videos/97799/watch-woman-molested-on-patna-streets.html Just look at those guys surrounding the poor woman. These idiots are a shame...:whack: BTW.. I just dont understand why were the always high moral ground taking media pack shooting this barbarism instead of stopping it..
Times Now has very nice headline "Woman molested, no one helps". They atleast managed to capture woman's plea and were zooming into her miseries rather than capturing culprit's faces to shame them. This is all frustrating :wall:

Times Now has very nice headline "Woman molested' date=' no one helps". They atleast managed to capture woman's plea and were zooming into her miseries rather than capturing culprit's faces to shame them. This is all frustrating :wall:[/quote'] It was all over TV9 and other news channels. Its so difficult to even *hear* such news - I can't imagine how the people can watch whats going on, shoot it, give commentary at the same time. Ugh. Indian media cannot stoop any lower. If they could sleep with a politician and shoot that and make that a headline, they would.

It was all over TV9 and other news channels. Its so difficult to even *hear* such news - I can't imagine how the people can watch whats going on' date=' shoot it, give commentary at the same time. Ugh. Indian media cannot stoop any lower. If they could sleep with a politician and shoot that and make that a headline, they would.[/quote'] Media persons, like the chaiwala nearby or the auto-vallah passing through are doing their job. Why only criticize the media here ? I think it is a reflection of our society that such inhumane stuff goes on in public and police.

I remember once a news channel showing footage of an old man lying by the roadside sick and passersby not even looking at him' date=' let alone notice his plight. The anchor was describing in a sad voice how the people of MUmbai have become indifferent. My nephew asked me what the camera crew was doing. "Are they waiting for him to die?"[/quote'] lol news people = OWNED

Guest gaurav_indian
we desperately need a ban on all these pvt News channels ' date=' just allow dd news ...haramis spend more time covering rakhi sawants swayamvar than any real news & just like this one its always for the TRP's .[/quote'] +1

we desperately need a ban on all these pvt News channels ' date=' just allow dd news ...haramis spend more time covering rakhi sawants swayamvar than any real news & just like this one its always for the TRP's .[/quote'] Censorship is never gonna work. Media gives us what we want. :eyedance::eyedance:

same country where we worship Maa Durga....we can't even protect the daughters of the country... bunch a namards standing there and watching a show... If I was there, I would picked up that midget by his collars, strip him, tie a rope around and drag him by the bull cart

The sad part was that it became a free for all after sometime. passersby joined in. Its not surprising though, no woman can come out unscathed from a DTC or BMC bus . Pathetic situation. I guess there must be some kind of sex education and an outlet for venting out all that sexual frustration. Our conservative religious leaders will make a huge hue and cry if that happens.