Teach driving

Desi Cartman

I am totally weird about teaching someone how to drive. I feel scared when Im not the one who is driving even if the driver is someone with years of experience :nervous: My Mrs got her license in India couple of years ago, she took some driving lessons before that and was driving OK but she has never driven in Aus. I cant let her drive cuz I get scared. I know its easier to drive in Aus than India with people following rules, people being patient with L platers and with automatic cars. Its important that she learns driving and at the same time , I have to learn how to be patient and trust another driver. I have no idea how to control from anxiety and its not limited to new drivers only. Any suggestions ?

I am totally weird about teaching someone how to drive. I feel scared when Im not the one who is driving even if the driver is someone with years of experience :nervous: My Mrs got her license in India couple of years ago, she took some driving lessons before that and was driving OK but she has never driven in Aus. I cant let her drive cuz I get scared. I know its easier to drive in Aus than India with people following rules, people being patient with L platers and with automatic cars. Its important that she learns driving and at the same time , I have to learn how to be patient and trust another driver. I have no idea how to control from anxiety and its not limited to new drivers only. Any suggestions ?
I have been through this, and a few broken garage doors as well :haha::haha::haha::haha: I just asked wifey to take classes [two or three] till she herself felt comfortable. Then I could sit besides her, without needing to give instructions.

I used to get very scared at first letting my friend drive my car too, but after some of practice, she's become a very good driver! I think its just the feeling that you are not in control... and you dont have confidence in the person who is. The only way out is practice.. The more you make her practice driving with you, the easier it will get for you, because not only will she improve, you will get used to sitting shotgun and flipping music rather than looking at the road.

yeah
:woot: Well she has driven in India and took classes 2 years ago in India so she knows how to drive but its a matter of practice & driving outside India is different since the rules need to be followed. I did pretty well today except when my wife wanted me to check out an ostrich rather then looking at the road and I nearly lost my temper so I just said "AREY OSTRICH KI MA KI AANKH tu sadak dekh " .. besides that it was all good :icflove:

:woot: Well she has driven in India and took classes 2 years ago in India so she knows how to drive but its a matter of practice & driving outside India is different since the rules need to be followed. I did pretty well today except when my wife wanted me to check out an ostrich rather then looking at the road and I nearly lost my temper so I just said "AREY OSTRICH KI MA KI AANKH tu sadak dekh " .. besides that it was all good :icflove:
So basically she was cool and you were the one panicking?

Dood, in the last month I have taught TWO noobs how to drive on-the-go :cool: Meaning, we drove to real destinations on real roads with real pissed off drivers :D I sat in the front and it ws my fulltime job to make sure my fellers didnt cut lanes, stopped at the stop signs, used indicators, observed speed limit, while also handling the gps by myself so as not to distract them frm the road. :cool:

Desi do the smart thing and don't put another woman on the road :P
Don't teach another woman to drive. Please. Only bad things can happen. And especially if you're in Melbourne with the frigging hook turns.
We seriously need a womens rights activist on this forum.