Any Experts in Neural Networks?

zubinpepsi

Nah no matlab use. We kinda just went through basic theory on it. Such as PSO, fuzzy something. BTW you wouldn't happen to want to buy a book about it? i have a book which retails at over £100 and I've never even opened it (possibly why I failed) [ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Intelligent-System-Applications-Power-Engineering/dp/0471980951/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1248963681&sr=8-1]Intelligent System Applications in Power Engineering: Evolutionary Programming and Neural Networks: Amazon.co.uk: Loi Lei Lai: Books[/ame]

I was never fond of ANN. Well, ok, it's a classical method, and it's history of ups & downs is quite fascinating (XOR problem, thank you Minsky & Papert :hail:). But the prof that taught the class was so big into it and still did "research" in it. I never understood. Then again, I am squimish about people trying to model computer/ai systems after the human brain. It's just not going to happen. The human brain really can't be understood.... oh, brb, waiting a million hours for it to train.... There are so many other (better) modern approaches right now...

I had to do one such subject. The course was very thorough. What wasn't covered in class was covered in the exam.
:nice: