Rahul Dravid returns to the ODI team for Compaq cup and Champions Trophy

Feed

BCCI came back to form..... Dravid and Ganguly were kicked out of ODI...coz Dhoni wanted a young group that could field and prepare themselves for the upcoming WC and now Dravid being selected back in ODI tells me....that all that talk before was bs and was a ploy to kick ganguly out at whatever cost.

BCCI came back to form..... Dravid and Ganguly were kicked out of ODI...coz Dhoni wanted a young group that could field and prepare themselves for the upcoming WC and now Dravid being selected back in ODI tells me....that all that talk before was bs and was a ploy to kick ganguly out at whatever cost.
Mistake by Kaptain Kewl to have wanted to drop Dravid. Anyway, its water under the bridge now.
That's right. We need some experience in the absence of Viru. Dada would have bee the right choice if he was available.
yes but if Viru is fit RD isnt needed.now i hope Champion trophy is used as a farewell series for RD's ODI career.we should have youngsters for future
how are we going to move forward when ever few months we keep going back ? We will never win next world cup
We are not taking a step backwards, we are maintaining the balance of the team. We need some experience when Viru comes back and RD still stays on, that would be a step backwards. Dravid at no3 following Sachin and Gauti will be lend great stability to the team.
We are not taking a step backwards' date=' we are maintaining the balance of the team. We need some experience when Viru comes back and RD still stays on, that would be a step backwards. Dravid at no3 following Sachin and Gauti will be lend great stability to the team.[/quote'] yes but only for series as important as CT. we dont need RD in other tournaments.we need to build the team for 2011 n i dont see RD in that.
Guest gaurav_indian

Just saw it in news that Sehwag is out of Sri Lanka tour. Dont know whether he will be available for champions trophy or not. :((

We are not taking a step backwards' date=' we are maintaining the balance of the team. We need some experience when Viru comes back and RD still stays on, that would be a step backwards. Dravid at no3 following Sachin and Gauti will be lend great stability to the team.[/quote'] i disagree...bringing in Dravid for one series doesn't make sense. How will our team of the future learn to deal with adversity? By going through it. Bringing Dravid back for "experience" isn't going to make a difference for one series, MSD, Yuvi, Tendulkar, are all senior pros and can do that job. It's best to pick a guy who's been burning up the domestic scene/IPL and let him loose.
i disagree...bringing in Dravid for one series doesn't make sense. How will our team of the future learn to deal with adversity? By going through it. Bringing Dravid back for "experience" isn't going to make a difference for one series, MSD, Yuvi, Tendulkar, are all senior pros and can do that job. It's best to pick a guy who's been burning up the domestic scene/IPL and let him loose.
i agree but CT is a prestigious tournament n we need experience,we cant risk failure.we have seen how our youngsters have struggled against the short ball .RD will not only counter it himself(hes one of the best players of short ball) but will also help other youngters to deal with them
Guest Hiten.
Mistake by Kaptain Kewl to have wanted to drop Dravid. Anyway' date=' its water under the bridge now.[/quote'] What mistake ? Didn't India win series after series ? At that particular point, Dhoni did not think the seniors were 'needed' but now he wants them to stabilize the middle order after giving enough chances to the younger lads. For you the water is never under the bridge....you like digging graves.
They were always 1st choice players in the team. They were not selected due to ICL ban.Calling Dravid back is like bringing back Inzimam.
Razzaq n Yousuf joined ICL BCOZ they were dropped from Pak team,they were always first choice.n Rana wasnt drafted straught in.he was in in 3rd ODI wen Gul was struggling
i agree but CT is a prestigious tournament n we need experience' date='we cant risk failure.we have seen how our youngsters have struggled against the short ball .RD will not only counter it himself(hes one of the best players of short ball) but will also help other youngters to deal with them[/quote'] Lord..i agree it's a prestigious tournament, but calling Dravid for it really makes no sense if there are no plans to keep him for the WC 2011. There's a good month before the CT...let the BCCI get together a clinic and invite Indian batsmen who are excellent players of the CT, Tendulkar, Gavaskar, Dravid and let the work on the technique of the younger guys. This makes more sense then to invite someone to play in ODIs that have one bouncer allowed an over.
Razzaq n Yousuf joined ICL BCOZ they were dropped from Pak team' date='they were always first choice.n Rana wasnt drafted straught in.he was in in 3rd ODI wen Gul was struggling[/quote'] Yes they were dropped for loss of form or other issues but were are called back immediately after ICL issue was settled.Bringing back Dravid just for 2 series because Indian youngsters cant play short pitch bowling is very embarassing.