"How's your wife and my kids?"

Mr. Wicket

"The wife's fine, the kids are retarded." - Botham one-ups Rod Marsh in spectacular fashion. http://blogs.cricinfo.com/ashesbuzz/archives/2006/11/the_top_ten_ash.php Great piece by Tim de Lisle on Ashes sledges, and some of the picks from the lot. Merv Hughes to Hick is a beaut: "Mate, if you just turn the bat over you'll find the instructions on the other side." And I now need to get hold of that book.

Re: "How's your wife and my kids?" Hahaha, quality one this. Didn't know such wit existed in the 1930s!...

10 Bill Woodfull, Australia?s captain in the Bodyline series of 1932-33, responding to Douglas Jardine's complaint that a slip fielder had sworn at him: ?All right, which one of you bastards called this bastard a bastard??
:lmao:

Re: "How's your wife and my kids?" :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: 9 Rod Marsh, late Seventies: “How's your wife and my kids?” Ian Botham: “The wife's fine – the kids are retarded.” :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: My favourite is when Warney was bowling to one of the Pakistani batsmen (maybe Inzy?)and Heals shouted to Boony. "We've got to get this bloke to leave his crease, Babs. Put a mars bar just short of a length." :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Re: "How's your wife and my kids?"

How/when/where was Lillee bowling to Gatting in 1994? :shrug:
Double checked. Was the Lilac Hill opener, as I'd guessed - Lillee was playing for the CM's XI. [Fun bit of trivia: Lillee was still playing for the CM's XI five years later when he bowled at Lilac Hill against Pakistan in 99. This was at the fresh young age of 50. At the other end was his son Adam Lillee, 18. The two took apart the Pakistan top order and Pak lost, then ended up complaining to the ACB about the intensity in the game, considering that it was supposed to be a 'friendly'.]