Where to buy the iPhone ?

kabira

you gotta watch out for locked ones to unlocked ones on CG....usually iphone 3g goes for $250-300 if you can negotiate well.... and the new iphone 3gs is going for $450-500 unlocked the cheapest ones are usually locked to At&T if you're in US...so unless you use at&t ....don't buy it...because you have to jailbreak it for use for your network and then you lose the warranty the legally unlocked iphones being sold for $600 includes warranty

^and how much those cost?
I was looking to buy one as well for someone in India and browsing around eBay and seems like you can get the 3G, not the 3GS, in the $250-$350 range. But I really don't see the utility of an iPhone in India for the price. Most of it's cool features are web based.

I was looking to buy one as well for someone in India and browsing around eBay and seems like you can get the 3G' date=' not the 3GS, in the $250-$350 range. But I really don't see the utility of an iPhone in India for the price. Most of it's cool features are web based.[/quote'] 2G in India is faster than AT&T's crappy 2G in the states. 3g is coming soon (for the past few years:nervous:) I think its already available on the govt carriers (MTNL and BSNL)