Pakistan players are involved in match fixing, claims Umar

Guest gaurav_indian

Guest gaurav_indian

Pakistan manager denies 'suspicious' presences

Yawar Saeed, Pakistan's manager in Sri Lanka, has denied reports that the players were "approached by suspicious characters" at their team hotel during the two Colombo Tests earlier this month. Saeed was quoted by Express, an Urdu daily, saying that some of the players had complained to him about the presence of undesirable people in the team hotel. "No such thing happened," Saeed told Cricinfo. "There are usually many other guests at the hotel, who want autographs and photographs with the players, and then maybe invite them for a coffee or something. I just instructed the players not to go out with people they didn't know from before. And that is the usual protocol." The Express had quoted Saeed as saying: "Yes we were told by some of the players that a few suspicious people approached them during the Colombo Tests. We lodged a complaint with the hotel management, and they immediately shifted all of us to another floor of the hotel." One of the players confirmed to Cricinfo that some of them were indeed approached in the team hotel by "a few undesirable elements" who invited them for tea and dinner. "The players refused and informed the team management," he said. According to team sources, the players were invited by individuals who claimed to be fans. The team then shifted to another floor in the same hotel after they found that these "fans" were on the same floor as the players, the sources said. Saeed, however, said that nobody in the team had changed their rooms, let alone the floor. Meanwhile Younis Khan, the Pakistan captain, told Geo TV, "No bookie has approached me. If ever one does, I will catch him and hand him over to ICC because these people have destroyed the game." The PCB also refrained from making any allegations. "It is premature for us to make a comment. We will wait for the manager's report on the whole issue and then make a comment on it," Saleem Altaf, the board's chief operating officer, told PTI.
http://www.cricinfo.com/slvpak2009/content/current/story/416835.html
Guest gaurav_indian
kameenay Sri Lankans! ODI's main danda paray ga !!! 5-0 Pakistan Inshallah
14th august ko release ho rahi hai Kaminey :dance:
That means Sl wins because Pak fixed matches.The good old ''blame it on fixing '' tactics.
I really don't understand their logic. (or am I expecting too much from them:giggle::giggle:) If opponents win, its due to match fixing OR we did not play to our potential. but never gives credit that opponents played to their potential and won. We lost it from winning position, but they never say opponents seized the opportunities and won the game. They drop catches left right and center (or should that be left, center and right... anyway) and when the opponents take half catches... we threw our wickets. but never say that they created chances and won the game And somehow in their head they have this notion of being the MOST TALENTED TEAM in the world. How?? I repeat, HOW do they define talent? some non-quantifiable quality in which they are supposed to be best??. But when you see them playing, NOT EVEN THEIR BEST BATSMEN have a water right technique.
  • Loose wafts away from their body OR slogs and they are the MOST TALENTED TEAM??
  • catches being dropped left right and center (even simple sitters) and they are the MOST TALENTED TEAM??
  • supposed to be the best bowling lineup in the world and look at their no-ball and wide ratio to good ones and they are the MOST TALENTED TEAM??

Pakistan says bookies' case reported to ICC So... in a shocking (and I use that word lightly) turnaround ... PCB says bookies' case reported to ICC KARACHI (AFP) – Pakistan's cricket board said Saturday it had made a report to the sport's governing body about bookmakers trying to approach players during its ongoing tour in Sri Lanka. The move followed a report in Pakistan's leading Urdu daily "Express" earlier this week alleging bookmakers were seen trying to make contact with Pakistani players in their Colombo hotel during the second Test against Sri Lanka. "The matter was reported to the official of the ICC (International Cricket Council) in Sri Lanka and they took some urgent steps," the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) said in a statement. Pakistan team manager Yawar Saeed confirmed the presence of some "unwanted people" who tried to approach players in the team hotel. "There were some people who wanted to meet the players and invited them for tea but the players reported the matter to us and we told them not to meet any unwanted people," Saeed told AFP from Colombo. The PCB said the team management reported the matter to the ICC's Anti Corruption and Security Unit (ACSU). "Match fixing in all the ICC matches is monitored by the ICC. Currently there are one or two senior staff of the ACSU in Sri Lanka ensuring complete control over the match fixing," the PCB said. Pakistan captain Younus Khan told the Geo television station: "No bookie has approached me. If ever one does, I will catch him and hand him over to the ICC because these people have destroyed the game." PCB chairman Ijaz Butt confirmed the incident. "We got some reports and the team management changed floors in the hotel," Butt told a committee of Pakistan's Senate on Wednesday. Match fixing and betting allegations have rocked the cricket world, and Pakistan in particular, forcing the ICC to form the ACSU in 2000. Australian trio Shane Warne, Tim May and Mark Waugh alleged Pakistan's Salim Malik, then team captain, offered them bribes to underperform during their tour of Pakistan in 1995. The Pakistan government conducted a judicial inquiry between September 1998 to May 2000, handing life bans to Malik and paceman Ata-ur-Rehman. Six other players -- Wasim Akram, Waqar Younis, Saeed Anwar, Mushtaq Ahmed, Inzamam-ul-Haq and Akram Raza -- were fined. Pakistan also conducted a judicial inquiry after their surprise defeat to Bangladesh in the 1999 World Cup triggered fixing allegations. However, no player was charged in that inquiry. ----- Seriously this has to be the worlds worst bookie. They're gonna approach a Pakistan team that is losing every game and ask them to throw a match??? http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090801/wl_sthasia_afp/cricketpaksriiccfixing

Seriously this has to be the worlds worst bookie. They're gonna approach a Pakistan team that is losing every game and ask them to throw a match??? http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090801/wl_sthasia_afp/cricketpaksriiccfixing
They may be offering incentives for Pakistan to play well. Nobody believes that Pakistan can beat even a school team, so the bookies will make a killing if they actually win one.

Qadir suspects match-fixers in Pakistan team KARACHI: The ghost of match-fixing has come back to haunt Pakistan cricket, feels former chief selector Abdul Qadir, who suspects that some Pakistan team players might be involved in it considering the "strange" manner in which the team lost the Test and ODI series in Sri Lanka. Pakistan lost the Test series 0-2 and is trailing 0-3 in the five-match One-day series. Qadir, one of the greatest leg-spinners of his era told a newspaper on Tuesday that he suspected something fishy in the way team has lost. "Look I don't buy the fact that the very team that just five weeks ago won the Twenty20 World Cup is performing so badly that it is virtually losing every match in Sri Lanka. This has been one of our worst tours to Sri Lanka," Qadir said. "After following this series I suspect some players could be involved in match fixing and if a high level inquiry committee is formed everything will become crystal clear," he added. He said cricket had not become so unpredictable that a team that won the World Cup would perform so poorly. "It is strange the way we are losing matches. When the bowling clicks the batsmen don't perform. When the batsmen perform the bowler's don't perform. Something is wrong somewhere," Qadir said. Former captain and wicketkeeper Rashid Latif, however, criticised the team management for exposing the story about suspicious Indian people trying to get in touch with the Pakistani players in Colombo at the wrong time. "Even if such a thing had happened why talk about it to the press just after a big Test series defeat? It makes no sense to me. The matter should have been handled quietly by the team management and board and they should have allowed the team to concentrate on their cricket," Latif said. He said Yawar Saeed's timing was faulty and the story had shaken the confidence of the team. "I think the board and the team management are to blame for the defeats. The team is like a puzzle at the moment which is not being solved. I think someone will have to take responsibility and show the way to others," he said. :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: