Coach Gary Kirsten

Texy

Gary Kirsten was a terrific opener and one of the best batsman SA has ever produced and now he is coaching Team India --- a highly pressured job that demands results. How impressed are you with him so far? you think he can take India far? Is he one of the best coaches India had so far? Media byte: Gary wants to take Team India to no.1 ranking in ODIs! Source

Gary definitely has the right intents when he says that he wants to take india to no 1 position.he had stated the same when he had just taken over as coach during th cb series in australia. so the vision is there which is the first and most important component. 2) he has been able to get better out of his players like sehwag, raina, zaheer. has contributed definitely to technical & mental aspects . his has been a reasonable tenure with excellent player management.probably he needs to focus more on capacity builiding in the team in some key areas like death over bowling , chasing under difficult circumstance like premdasa.these capacity components should be reviewed series to series and strategy and key playes identified for it.also once you have won the series you should not just look to bat first, which unfortunately dhoni does too often. rather you should build on your ability to chase..... hope gary realises this. chappel for all his follies corrected this to a great extent...

hmm…. Well getting no.1 spot is not so easy but also not so tough! So what I am trying to say is, "I am in dilemma" :hehe:
At least he is professional and understands he is coach of the INDIAN team unlike Chappal who seemed to be more loyal to Aus although he was coaching Indian team Anyways I like your avatar. It is a good one. :two_thumbs_up:
At least he is professional and understands he is coach of the INDIAN team unlike Chappal who seemed to be more loyal to Aus although he was coaching Indian team Anyways I like your avatar. It is a good one. :two_thumbs_up:
I agree with you as, G Kirsten is feeling his responsibility as coach and doing a splendid job. Dhoni's team is very fortunate to have him as coach! :two_thumbs_up: Btw... I am expecting every moment to Kick that Bloody G Chappel's *ss! :weights: :bumsmack: What I feel is beating NZl is bit easy in Srl, But Beating this SRL team with deadly bowling attack is not a simple job without Viru & Gambir! LEtz hope for the best! :hatsoff: Thanx mate and that’s not my avatar, and it’s the logo of our CSK Lions Army!

I wont agree he was a great opener that Saffies ever produced. Smith and Gibbs are much better. In terms of coaching also, I am still not convinced he isa great coach. He dint turn a minnow team into a winning bunch. In that sense Dav Whatmore is a great coach in helping SL win the WC and made the world to look up at SLanka seriously. So not all Aussie coaches are bad. Its only one a ss hole called Greg Chappel who tarnished the image of aussies coaches atleast in the eyes of indian public. Coming back to Gary - India was already a very strong team and he is just facilitating the players in playing as a unit and reaching their potential. And that I guess he is doing effectively... If he turns Indian team into something like an Australian team of thhe late 90s and early 2000s, then I would say :hatsoff: to Guru Kirsten

i think a coach job as such in international cricket is a redundant one. It is not like he is going to change the match by his tactical move or some magic action. Its the captain that has the maximum impact on the teams performance. But having said that, a coach can definitely have a detrimental effect on the teams performance if he starts imposing his views on the team strictly. Like what Greg Chappell did when he was the coach of our team. In that regard Kirsten is really doing a wonderful job, keeping a low profile and acting as a good buffer for younger players and at the same time maintaining a good relationship between the seniors. Thats the best a coach can do and i think Gary is doing a really good job in that aspect. But i certainly disagree if anyone says that it is because of Gary that we are right now doing really well.

i think a coach job as such in international cricket is a redundant one. It is not like he is going to change the match by his tactical move or some magic action. Its the captain that has the maximum impact on the teams performance. But having said that, a coach can definitely have a detrimental effect on the teams performance if he starts imposing his views on the team strictly. Like what Greg Chappell did when he was the coach of our team. In that regard Kirsten is really doing a wonderful job, keeping a low profile and acting as a good buffer for younger players and at the same time maintaining a good relationship between the seniors. Thats the best a coach can do and i think Gary is doing a really good job in that aspect. But i certainly disagree if anyone says that it is because of Gary that we are right now doing really well.
a coach's job is to work with the players behind the scenes.do u think Gary has no role in GG becoming test no.1 batsman?or boosting Yuvraj's confidence in test series against England n against Mendis. Gary cannot be credited solely for our successes.no one should.Dhoni,Gary,the senior players all have worked as team towards that.Gary has surely done a fine job so far