Samsung Cup '04: India tours Pakistan

graphic23

Great batting by India in the 1st ODI and even better chase by Pakistan, mainly Inzi, but they fell short. The catch which Sachin took on the boundary. A superb ton by Sachin in the 2nd ODI but this time India falling short. Pakistan losing the 4th ODI which they should've won. But Dravid-Kaif partnership didn't let them do it. And finally India winning the series. Can't remember much from the final ODI.

First ODI, none of free stream working. Some Paki guys in Uni. arranged game on projector. they were charging $5. We want there after 5 overs. Remeber that long long over by Rana Naved and Sehwag hammering. remember that ruthless pull shot by Ganguly. Dravid batting at brisk pace. What a memory. By the time 25th over of Pakistan innings came, half of the students had left, most of pakistani had left. What a fight back by Haq. 5th ODI I remember that catch by Sachin to get rid of Haq. I think M. Kartik got that wicket.

There is a reason tests are ****ing awesome. I don't remeber ANYTHING from those ODIs.
eh, as much as I love tests that was the most awesome ODI series I've ever watched. Some amazing batting displays, tight finishes - although best for me was Miandad taking it up the ass in the last game, after all his BS about "we have a Pathan in every galli and mohalla"... all their bowlers get smashed royally, then Pathan decides the series in an AWESOME new ball spell at Lahore in the fifth game.
I remember speaking to a Pakistani friend after this match' date=' he said the match was fixed because if Inzi goes for a sixer, he was always get the six, he couldn't believe Inzi got out and actually believed something fishy was going on :haha:[/quote'] Typical. Sehwag's 300 has to be the best memory from that series. Nothing beats that.
What about the ODI series recollections' date=' Dk?[/quote'] Apart from other things mentioned here, # Kaif's catch avoiding a collision # Even though I was in office for most of the match watching it on the tv in the conference room, we went over to a near by McDonalds for the last 5 overs of the match. The environment was tense. Every dot ball was celebrated, every run dreaded. Then when Moin skied the last ball off Nehra and ZAK settled under it, its a moment never to be forgotten. # Tendulkar's 141, yet again in losing cause. It hurt because we lost. No one else even made a bloody 50. # Laxman's century.

What hurt more in that game at Pindi was the way Nehra just threw it away so stupidly... that fightback from Balaji and Powar was AMAZING... I think a whole lot of us felt given the change in momentum and the fearlessness those two were hitting with, we could have still won if Nehra had just tried to support Powar instead of playing the hero and slogging.

What hurt more in that game at Pindi was the way Nehra just threw it away so stupidly... that fightback from Balaji and Powar was AMAZING... I think a whole lot of us felt given the change in momentum and the fearlessness those two were hitting with' date=' we could have still won if Nehra had just tried to support Powar instead of playing the hero and slogging.[/quote'] And that was Powar's debut series, was that not?