Morning prayer in Schools

Desi Cartman

What Bhajans/songs/prayers did you guys sing at the school. For me the favorite one was 9460ygDVVTA&feature=related I have studied in catholic , Sikh & other pvt schools and not once anybody had any problem with the prayer we said every morning. I think this is one of the reasons that most Indians are not "allergic" to other religions. From the beginning we are taught that God is one, we all pray differently to reach the same god. Share your favorites

From grade 1 to 8, I studied in a school in Punjab. Till grade 3, we used to sing our prayers in English ,and several years later I realized those were Christian prayers :hehe: I never even stopped to think which religion/God we were praying to .. After grade 3, due to apparent pressure of Sikh Millitants, we had a punjabi prayer...but I don't think it was to any particular god/guru either. I don't remember any specific ones though

What Bhajans/songs/prayers did you guys sing at the school. For me the favorite one was 9460ygDVVTA&feature=related I have studied in catholic , Sikh & other pvt schools and not once anybody had any problem with the prayer we said every morning. I think this is one of the reasons that most Indians are not "allergic" to other religions. From the beginning we are taught that God is one, we all pray differently to reach the same god. Share your favorites
I had studied in a missionary school and so we used to say christian prayers. I also used to go to church. I also used to visit temples as well as gurudwaras. I am a Muslim and so I used to visit Mosques too. I know many Christian prayers, Hindu prayers like Gayatri Mantra, Sikh phrases (like wahe guruji and jo bole) and obviously Muslim prayers. But I believe that all these are ways to reach the same Almighty God. So, it does not make any difference to me. But I believe humanity is above any religion in the world. The actual religion of the world is humanity and rest all are just smaller part of it.

I had studied in a missionary school and so we used to say christian prayers. I also used to go to church. I also used to visit temples as well as gurudwaras. I am a Muslim and so I used to visit Mosques too. I know many Christian prayers, Hindu prayers like Gayatri Mantra, Sikh phrases (like wahe guruji and jo bole) and obviously Muslim prayers. But I believe that all these are ways to reach the same Almighty God. So, it does not make any difference to me. But I believe humanity is above any religion in the world. The actual religion of the world is humanity and rest all are just smaller part of it.
Thats what I was talking about. Indians are much more accepting of other religions .. more than even western countries

I am not joking, his name was Mr. Swamy - chain smoker, he came along with the school trip to Singapore as well Here, apne paas fotu bhu hain The guy in the extreme right
:omg: :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Russell Peters: "You go to south India and there are some really black mother****ers out there. Not black like black, but blacker than Black people black." Holds true for this guy. :haha::haha:

:omg: :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Russell Peters: "You go to south India and there are some really black mother****ers out there. Not black like black, but blacker than Black people black." Holds true for this guy. :haha::haha:
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Now it seems to be turning into a racist thread :omg: :vroam:

vandematram followed by pledge India is my country and all Indians are my brothers and sisters. I love my country and I am proud of its rich and varied heritage. I shall always strive to be worthy of it. I shall give respect to my parents, teachers and elders and treat everyone with courtesy. To my country and my people, I pledge my devotion.In their well being and prosperity alone, lies my happiness.

We used to say some prayers in Sanskrit and finished it off by singing the national anthem. I don’t remember what exactly we sang, but what I do remember is that the solid 30 minute morning assembly session used to tire the hell outta me.. (yea, we had to keep standing all the while). I can distinctly recollect many students fainting during our morning assembly session. Even back then, I used to think it was a little unfair that even non-Hindu/atheists students were forced to sing the prayers, but then later realized that the Sanskrit verses themselves don’t refer to any particular god. It just says something along the lines of ‘Oh God, please give me good health, good mind blah blah blah..’ Whether Allah and Jesus understand Sanskrit or not is a different issue altogether. :giggle:

Reminds me of the assembly in which I wasn't wearing the rite color shoes. Once every week, I think it was on thursday that we would have to wear all w hite clothes with white P.T shoes. I wore black shoes since my white shoes were dirty and there was no white polish at home. That day I was made to stand outside with hands up in front of everyone. Along with me were few of my school buss mates who also were either wearing the wrong uniform and or were wearing wrong shoes etc or forgot to wear school tie. It was fun since i missed 2-3 classes and didn't had to do any work

We used to say some prayers in Sanskrit and finished it off by singing the national anthem. I don’t remember what exactly we sang, but what I do remember is that the solid 30 minute morning assembly session used to tire the hell outta me.. (yea, we had to keep standing all the while). I can distinctly recollect many students fainting during our morning assembly session. Even back then, I used to think it was a little unfair that even non-Hindu/atheists students were forced to sing the prayers, but then later realized that the Sanskrit verses themselves don’t refer to any particular god. It just says something along the lines of ‘Oh God, please give me good health, good mind blah blah blah..’ Whether Allah and Jesus understand Sanskrit or not is a different issue altogether. :giggle:
thats the main point... for Indians God means God and religions are ways to reach god but for most of the world God = Jesus or God = Allah. For us God is one and these are just different names and why do we think like that ? because of the prayers , DD , books we read etc

thats the main point... for Indians God means God and religions are ways to reach god but for most of the world God = Jesus or God = Allah. For us God is one and these are just different names and why do we think like that ? because of the prayers ' date=' DD , books we read etc[/quote'] I also strongly believe in monotheism. There is one God. Different religions are different ways to reach him. Let each walk his own path. Dont hate anyone because he is walking another path. Our destination is the same.