14 off 45 !!!!!!

Texy

Where are the detractors ? Building an innings is an art and RD is an artist. His role is to stay on the crease and our batsmen will play around him.
blue, he didn't do too bad in the end, but this game is a game about momentum. He can't afford to block out balls in the powerplay and rob the momentum. India was going fine with Tendulkar again looking awesome. Dravid is a very valuable asset and should stick to doing what he did in WC 2003. Come in at 5, work the middle order, make sure there's no collapse. Who says the anchor HAS to be at #3? If there's one thing team India has done really well, and credit's gotta go to the coach and captain, it's ADJUST. I'm sure the team will adjust and come back to beat SRL in the final. That's what champions are made of.
Except that he can, as he did today, accumulate at a good rate thus maintaining the RR potentially allowing a strokeplayer to bat freely alongside him. Its what he did in his prime and in IPL2 ) which is why he is back in the XI) And its what he did today too.
Sooda, he didn't do that initially. He struggled to 12 off 24 balls and took away Tendulkar's momentum. He can still play at this level but he needs to come down the order when the field is spread out.
Sooda, he didn't do that initially. He struggled to 12 off 24 balls and took away Tendulkar's momentum. He can still play at this level but he needs to come down the order when the field is spread out.
When will people get that both batsmen need not take risks at the same time. It has always been one guys blocks the other one takes more risk. Everyone has a role. We will not win every match if we had 11 Sehwags.
mate you have mistaken me! sorry if you are Rahul's fan! FYI; i also like R Dravid! anyway lot to learn and change from todays output for India :pray:
Rahul is in the team for a reason, to lend stability to the middle order which looked suspect against short pitch bowling, it was the selectors who picked him and so far has done a decent job. Well he is in for a short term, as soon as the players get fit, i guess he will find himself on the sidelines and should call it a day. But some d!ckhead on this thread thinks the lad can't accelerate, even after proving his worth time and time again, he played well again today where other fancy boys around him have failed. FYI, i am a SRT Fan, but respect the likes of RD and MSD, who have done a lot for Indian Cricket.
lol@shane.attaboy.very fiery today.I disagree with everything you said though except the short term part and unfortunately for us we have had all these injures at the worst time with CT coming up.
lolz cbf, i am mad coz the Goons lost :--D Dravid was the best we could do after the injuries and after our youngsters were found wanting in the middle, i still think RD has a lot to offer both in the final here and the CT which would be his swansong.
When will people get that both batsmen need not take risks at the same time. It has always been one guys blocks the other one takes more risk. Everyone has a role. We will not win every match if we had 11 Sehwags.
coffee, this game is a game of momentum. Look at Tendulkar's batting today, up until his 22nd ball, he was 23 without ANY risks. Just percentage cricket, 1s and 2s, some boundaries off the bad balls. Dravid came and struggled to 12 off 24 deliveries, this is NOT a test match. Dravid doesn't need to be striking at 100, but he can atleast rotate strike can't he? I'm a big Dravid fan, but he needs to be utilized in the middle order at 5, when the field is spread and he has an easier time finding the gaps for 1s and 2s. In the one day game, you can't afford to "block". You have to keep scoring, you have to keep rotating the strike. Sure Dravid came away with a 80+ S/R today, but at that point the momentum was lost. Give Dravid the time he needs in the middle of innings to get set, and then watch him go. Not only with his S/R improve but he'll give India the steady hand they need in the middle order.