14 off 45 !!!!!!

Texy

NO, not a test match...... didn't I predict....Dravid will be a complete fail ???? wtf was he doing??? it was painful to see him bat..blocking everything....no fluency in any shot? no INTENTION of hitting those 1s or 2s...no rotation of strike...what the hell was he doing??? what if the asking rate was 5 or 6 or 7 RPO????

:haha: We were chasing a low total and you saw the mini collapse that happened from 67-1 to 84-4. After the early fall of the 1st wicket, given the RRR was low, maybe he decided to make sure a partnership took place. In a different match situation, had he done this, it would be wrong, i agree.

Why the hell would he try to accelerate when Tendulkar on the other end was scoring at a strike rate of 85 ? Understand the game situation and then question player's ability.

was sr really a problem here ? & he wasnt really struggling with the timing ..looked in better touch than i saw him last play for india , but will he score runs ? dont know about that
Exactly. Moreover, Tendulkar chokes under pressure and tends play freely when there is no pressure....right ? P.S: You do know what am I talking about :giggle:
Why the hell would he try to accelerate when Tendulkar on the other end was scoring at a strike rate of 85 ? Understand the game situation and then question player's ability.
it's ok to slow down when your partner is striking fluidly...but it's NOT ok to bog down and gift maidens to bowlers and dig yourself a big hole which also puts pressure on your partner even if he's going at a good rate. Dravid was blocking every damn thing....there was no intention of rotating strike either... a single here n there would have eased pressure also... this is a goddamn ODI....

All are excuses for a very poor innings. It was not a consciously slow innings. He tried to score. He just couldn't. We are just reasoning anything our favorite players do. Rotation of strike is very very important in one dayers even if you chase small totals. It is a habit you have to cultivate. 36 dot balls while scoring 14 runs is simply a reflection how poor he rotated the strike. Just 7 singles.

it's ok to slow down when your partner is striking fluidly...but it's NOT ok to bog down and gift maidens to bowlers and dig yourself a big hole which also puts pressure on your partner even if he's going at a good rate. Dravid was blocking every damn thing....there was no intention of rotating strike either... a single here n there would have eased pressure also... this is a goddamn ODI....
Why are you hell bent on making an argument over nothing ? SRT was scoring at 85 R/100 balls, meaning India were definitely cruising (given the match state) and RD had all the time to settle down and nudge back into international cricket after 2 years. As you can see RD fell when the score was 67 in 18 overs (3.72 RPO...RRR2.78 ). His innings did not affect India's march towards the target.
NO, not a test match...... didn't I predict....Dravid will be a complete fail ???? wtf was he doing??? it was painful to see him bat..blocking everything....no fluency in any shot? no INTENTION of hitting those 1s or 2s...no rotation of strike...what the hell was he doing??? what if the asking rate was 5 or 6 or 7 RPO????
What if the world was square? What if the dead became zombies? What if Tendulkar averaged 5? What if Inzamam was a fast bowle?
Exactly. Moreover' date='[b'] Tendulkar chokes under pressure and tends play freely when there is no pressure....right ?P.S: You do know what am I talking about :giggle:
huh? So there was no pressure in world cup matches and CB series and other serieses.People have such short memories.