Yusuf Pathan or Abhishek Nayar?

Lord

He is picked because of his ability to hit' date=' there are better batsmen in India[/quote'] that is why i am defending if he is picked for his ability to hit, the same he did. In that situation India at 290 in 48 overs u expect a batsman coming at 7, picked for his hard hitting, to try and hit 4s and 6s from the first ball which he tried to do, bt the wicket wasnt easy, no one could hit with the ball straight away, u needed some time there in the crease to play strokes which was not there and for one bad match dont make a player bad.
that is why i am defending if he is picked for his ability to hit' date=' the same he did. In that situation India at 290 in 48 overs u expect a batsman coming at 7, picked for his hard hitting, to try and hit 4s and 6s from the first ball which he tried to do, bt the wicket wasnt easy, no one could hit with the ball straight away, u needed some time there in the crease to play strokes which was not there and for one bad match dont make a player bad.[/quote'] But you can't pick someone on the basis that they have the abililty, they have to deliver as well. He hasn't delivered enough IMO
that is why i am defending if he is picked for his ability to hit' date=' the same he did. In that situation India at 290 in 48 overs u expect a batsman coming at 7, picked for his hard hitting, to try and hit 4s and 6s from the first ball which he tried to do, bt the wicket wasnt easy, no one could hit with the ball straight away, u needed some time there in the crease to play strokes which was not there and for one bad match dont make a player bad.[/quote'] i bad match?wat about the last one where he had loads of time?or the one in Windies. as Sachinism said,he is there to hit,if he is not able to do that consistently,he must go n every job has its difficulties,but that cannot be the excuse for failure
A number 7's role in an ODI cannot be just to come out and have a swing in the last 5-10 overs. There are times when a number 7 will have to come out around the 25-30 over mark and build and recover an innings from there. Yusuf Pathan is a complete fail in that aspect of the game and Nayar has all the capabilities to play that kind of a role. But we have invested a lot of time in Pathan and he probably should be given one more series. However, if he cannot show the ability to construct an ODI innings, he should be given the boot.
he is not very experience, if u want that from him, give him time, it comes with exp.
i bad match?wat about the last one where he had loads of time?or the one in Windies. as Sachinism said,he is there to hit,if he is not able to do that consistently,he must go n every job has its difficulties,but that cannot be the excuse for failure
every one failed in that game, so why particularly one person to be blamed.

On a second thought I might also agree than Irfan would be better than both of them.. I personally believe that Yusuf's batting has been over rated all throughout these years while Irfan's batting has been underrated ... In the last one year or so, I liked Irfan's improvement in batting compared to Yusuf and even Nayar... his shot selection and hitting ability is better than both of them.. the only problem with Irfan is that he is highly inconsistent where he performs on one day and then goes haywire for the next one or two matches before giving another good bowling performance.. but frankly speaking all the present bowlers are of the same nature... RP, Nehra are also inconsistent and so is Ishant.. they click only on their days... they are also hammered at 7-8 RPO on bad days like Irfan ... but if Irfan is selected he should be done as an allrounder and finisher and not as a bowler .. if a lot is relied on his bowling or he is made to open the bowling then the problem occurs but he might not be bad as a first change bowler after Nehra etc. .. anyways I think Irfan's fielding is quite ok compared to Yusuf and Nayar and maybe he should be given a chance in place of Nayar