Yusuf Pathan or Abhishek Nayar?

Lord

We should persist with Yusuf for a little more while at least. It would be unfair to drop him now. His role as a no.7 hitter isn’t an easy one to fulfill. But for his part, Yusuf must also realize that its time he turned in some meaningful performances. What peeves me the most about Yusuf isn’t his run of low scores, but his shot selections during those dismissals. Most times, he gets out of languid swishes at balls two feet outside off stump or a hasty hoick across the line towards deep long on. Sure, he is a hitter and needs to go after the bowling, but he needs to put a price tag on his wicket.

We should persist with Yusuf for a little more while at least. It would be unfair to drop him now. His role as a no.7 hitter isn’t an easy one to fulfill. But for his part, Yusuf must also realize that its time he turned in some meaningful performances. What peeves me the most about Yusuf isn’t his run of low scores, but his shot selections during those dismissals. Most times, he gets out of languid swishes at balls two feet outside off stump or a hasty hoick across the line towards deep long on. Sure, he is a hitter and needs to go after the bowling, but he needs to put a price tag on his wicket.
Its exactly wat disgsts me too.he comes in n hoicks the first ball he sees n gets out invariably.u may be the biggest hitter in the world,but theres no harm in playing the support act for a while to set batsman

i would pick abhishek over yusuf because: 1) Hes a much better fielder than yusuf at any position 2) He is a good striker and plays sensibly as well, a good strike rotator 3) Hes a good option on saffie pitches and can even roll over some overs in as a good part time option.Yusf will not be effective as the pitch doesnt suit part time spinners(Ajmal,afridi etc.) 4) He plays for Mumbai Indians in the IPL :mi:

YKP has got a fair bit of chances now. I think Nayar should also get a chance now. I am also a bit concerned with Suresh Raina's batting though his bowling has improved a lot. Frankly speaking I would like Veeru and Gauti and that is enough for the already strong batting lineup but I am really pinched by the fast bowling. It seems India's fast bowling woes are going to last forever. Although Atul Sharma might have been just a hype and nothing else but still I would like a few genuine fast bowlers. India is producing quality batsmen and quality spinners but the main problem is still the lack of genuine fast bowlers. India's fast bowling seems to be never consistent. Nayar is good but I want more of a genuine fast bowler who can open the bowling instead of a medium pacer. I dont know what the MRF Pace Foundation is doing. They are hardly producing any fast bowlers. Nehra, RP Singh, Zaheer and Ishant are all inconsistent. And except Ishant the other 3 bowlers are already quite old and may not last for many years.

Agreed with Marirs, his spot is a really tough one to fill, the spot he comes in at he's only required to go after the bowling full force. I feel he should be given just one another tourny chance to prove himself. The last match has been an eye opener for him and if he combats it with self improvements, it might be worth it to give him another chance. And hell..drop Ishant before dropping Pathan. Talk about chances to prove himself...this guy seems to be getting an UNLIMITED SUPPLY