breaking news: sachin, ganguly out of odi

Re: breaking news: sachin, ganguly out of odi resting sachin and ganguly and axing harbhajan is a good decision.. :wtg: but y shewag?? i hate this.. is he still S.ukin dravid?? :wall: rohit sharma shud have been included in place of this dinesh mongia...mongia has been tried many times.. we shud move ahead and choose some youngster in place of him

Re: breaking news: sachin, ganguly out of odi good: aggy/harby out, ganguly out (odis, hopefully permanently), harby out, kkd in both teams, tiwary in odis, uthappa given extended run (may be they are looking for him to fail and bring snail gangu back for england) bad: tendulkar in test team, tendulkar out of ODI team (hopefully temporarily), powar in test team, no badri or YVR in test team, karthick as a test opener (would have gone with Sehwag), sehwag out of test team, chawla introduced in the ODI team

Re: breaking news: sachin, ganguly out of odi

Can't understand why laxman should not be the VC for the test team. After all he had a decent test series against SA .
VC should be someone we can groom as the future cappo now to replace Dravid after he fails in England.

Re: breaking news: sachin, ganguly out of odi This is the most senile selection I have come across. Lets look at it in more detail: 1. Resting Tendulkar and Ganguly : The idea is right but what does resting them from one form and not the other offer? Resting is supposed to be a time for introspection, domestic/county cricket etc. But being rested from just one form would mean none of them would be able to play county cricket and would just sit in their respective restaurants at either side of the country selling Prawn Curry. 2. Manoj Tiwari in ODIs : What is the point of picking someone after one domestic season against BD? Sure, he might score some runs against BD and all of a sudden the selectors will be talking about discovering another Tendulkar for things to go downhill again in England. What about the likes of Badrinath who have consistently scored in domestic cricket for many seasons? 3. Dinesh Mongia : Useless tried and tested failure. Enough said. 4. Sehwag : Who are our two test openers now? Not saying dropping Sehwag is a bad move but how can one go on a tour without atleast 2 openers. And why has he been included in ODIs? Disaster!! :wall: :wall: thats what this team is. Vengsarkar and co. are the most asinine set of selectors I can remember in Indian cricket history.

Can't understand why laxman should not be the VC for the test team. After all he had a decent test series against SA .
VC should be someone we can groom as the future cappo now to replace Dravid after he fails in England.
Laxman still has 4 years left in test cricket . Plus he has led South zone admirably. So I don't understand why , he shouldn't be considered as captaincy material. I guess the sponsors want the blue eyed boy Yuvraj who has a pathetic average of 32 from 19 tests to be the future captain.

Laxman still has 4 years left in test cricket . Plus he has led South zone admirably. So I don't understand why , he shouldn't be considered as captaincy material. I guess the sponsors want the blue eyed boy Yuvraj who has a pathetic average of 32 from 19 tests to be the future captain.
I see what you are saying, but Laxman's place in the test side is itself not sealed. He fails more often than not, not that anyone else is better except Dravid.

Uthappa will thrive on flatbeds in bd and fail again in england
and he is not alone. we have oldies and newbies in that category. atleast with some of the newbies the hope is that they will be eager to learn and correct their flaws.

laxman is good batsman and that's it... pathetic runner pathetic fielder no bowling.. uninspiring to youngs.. how can you make someone like him VC?
Ganguly did a decent job from 2001 to 2004 having the same qualities . :hic: And we are talking about Tests here. And your point "uninspiring to youngs.. " is not true. Laxman is a good mentor for the youngsters in team. Players like Sreesanth , Gambhir,Uttappa etc have spoken about how they were influenced by Laxman.

Re: breaking news: sachin, ganguly out of odi stupid selection.. We have always done this...applying quick fixes.. 1) I would have wanted Pathan to be there atleast in 15. 2) Why not try out Rao and Badri in Test teams..they suppose to tailor made for Tests. 3) Dropping of Sehwag from Test team..

This is the most senile selection I have come across. Lets look at it in more detail: 1. Resting Tendulkar and Ganguly : The idea is right but what does resting them from one form and not the other offer? Resting is supposed to be a time for introspection, domestic/county cricket etc. But being rested from just one form would mean none of them would be able to play county cricket and would just sit in their respective restaurants at either side of the country selling Prawn Curry. .
Shwetabh, Notice that they've not been dropped, just rested from this form of game so that youngsters can be tried and a pool of players can be formed. i hope they carry this idea forward because two or three persons will be constantly pushing the non-performers in the side.
2. Manoj Tiwari in ODIs : What is the point of picking someone after one domestic season against BD? Sure, he might score some runs against BD and all of a sudden the selectors will be talking about discovering another Tendulkar for things to go downhill again in England. What about the likes of Badrinath who have consistently scored in domestic cricket for many seasons?
I've seen Manoj Tiwari play. He is neither as flashy as Sehwag nor as defensive as Dravid. I hope that he'll serve the nation for a long time. Don't expect explosive innings from him but he knows how to build an inning, hold the inning together and can be dominating too at times. Of course he'll get to face against better better bowlers than Zaheer and Agarkar. Yet, I am hoping and expecting him to adjust well after some time.
3. Dinesh Mongia : Useless tried and tested failure. Enough said. 4. Sehwag : Who are our two test openers now? Not saying dropping Sehwag is a bad move but how can one go on a tour without atleast 2 openers. And why has he been included in ODIs? Disaster!! :wall: :wall: thats what this team is. Vengsarkar and co. are the most asinine set of selectors I can remember in Indian cricket history
3. A useless selection, I agree. 4. Karthik is the test opener. I hope this is just to ensure a back-up opener in a pool of 20 test players and Sehwag will be back for England tour. I hope in the mean time Sachin Saurav and Sehwag --all work on their weak areas to remove the flaws which have crept in their batting. I'm sure this move will help us later. So I wouldn't call this selection a disaster!!!