Mohammed Kaif

Sooda

Lmao. You guys consider a 3match series a 'chance' for Badri? The 1 match, where he was JET LAGGING against a raging fast Brett Lee a CHANCE for Manoj Tiwary? You guys are simply stupid. Fine, give Yusuf Pathan 30 matches to prove he is worth it at the international level, averaging his meager little 22, and while your at it take 2 years to drop that paperweight Rohit Sharma. But for the REAL performers, the ones who have proved they deserve that extended break, cut them short. Laughable.

Listen Adhav and cricketman, We have followed Badrinath very closely in every tournament/match that he has played against domestic teams or international teams since 2007. But to the disappointment of all of us he failed every single time, be it against Australia A in FC or against Australia A in List A matches, played in India last year. He was given a chance to face the international Aus bowlers while playing for BPXI last year and failed miserably. Then he skippered the Emerging Players squad to Australia and failed there. In between he was given a chance in ODIs but proved that it was a mistake to even think him as an ODI player. In short, Badri has stood out at Ranji level but failed at every other occasion where level of competition is higher than Ranji level or the condition is different from that of India, proving that he is nothing but a domestic bully. Kaif on the other hand has plenty of quality innings to show against international sides in ODIs as well as at test levels. He hasn't plundered runs only at Ranji level, and hence to exclude him even from the fringes of test cricket is extremely short-sighted of the selectors. They've treated this player very harshly. And Manoj Tiwary doesn't even enter the comparison because he has nothing to show apart from one outstanding year at Ranji.

How old is Kaif? He’s the same age as Yuvraj isnt he? 27? 28? He shouldn’t be anywhere near our ODI or T20 squads (at least not until all of our first-choice, second choice and third choice batsmen have all been laid waste due to swine flu or something.. ) but keeping in mind guys like Dravid, VVS and Sachin wont be around till 2025 or whatever, there’s a good chance he could make a comeback into the test team.

It’ll do Kaif a world of good if he goes to a T.V stations/newspaper and deliberately have a well-planned ‘outburst’ against the ‘biased selection policies’. The media, obviously, will lap it all up, since he is an active Indian cricketer. It will also help put back Kaif in the spotlight which is important since hardly anyone speaks of him these days. It will also give the selectors something to think about. Essentially, Kaif should do a what Ganguly did in 2007, when he made it a point to openly campaign for his inclusion in the team in every news outlet.

Listen Adhav and cricketman, We have followed Badrinath very closely in every tournament/match that he has played against domestic teams or international teams since 2007......
:omg: how can you decide on a player performance by just giving 3 ODI chances! how can you make ignorant comments (saying //We have followed Badrinath very closely in every tournament/match that he has played against domestic teams or international teams since 2007.// :haha:) You can't show his consistency in First-class level, coz you guyz would be in big snag! :haha: then why are you stating only some of the situations he got out, :hysterical: ( i really wonder is there any batsman who have never failed at all in his entire career :hysterical:) anyway for your understanding, his stats! No code has to be inserted here. Coming to M Kaif! He was a good fielder and M Kaif had a very good last domestic season, though he was little unfortunate for not being included in the squad ahead of M Tiwary! (i dunno much about M Tiwary!) But one point S Badri is better than M Kaif, :finger: Though Kambli played with Sachin, he cant be great as Little Master! (as in your Yuvi - Kaif case)

Looks like you won't understand at all. Cricket is beyond stats but perhaps you won't even get it. Badrinath has FAILED IN EVERY OUTING WHEN HE FACED INTERNATIONAL CLASS BOWLERS! Now is that enough? And one doesn't come across international class bowlers only in international matches. There is a concept named "A' tours where two countries play with their second XI. Badrinath got to face Bollinger, McGain and co in such a competition. He even faced Tait in the List A comp which followed. Result? He failed! Then there is a tournament where 4 countries send their emerging players to fight out. This tournament till now has taken placve in Australia. Result? Badrinath failed! He was chosen for ROI squad last year where bowlers like Ishant were bowling for Ranji Champs. Result? Badri failed! Australian first XI played a warm up match in India before the test series last year. Guys like Lee, Johnson etc bowled to our would be stars. Result? Rohit Sharma, Kohli and Yuvraj came up with tons and Badrinath? He failed!! Now does it get inside your head? I'm sure it wouldn't. The 3 ODIs are nothing for me. But unfortunately a batsman who fails at every opportunity facing an international bowler, doesn't deserve any other chances. .

Looks like you won't understand at all. Cricket is beyond stats but perhaps you won't even get it. Badrinath has FAILED IN EVERY OUTING WHEN HE FACED INTERNATIONAL CLASS BOWLERS! Now is that enough? And one doesn't come across international class bowlers only in international matches. There is a concept named "A' tours where two countries play with their second XI. Badrinath got to face Bollinger, McGain and co in such a competition. He even faced Tait in the List A comp which followed. Result? He failed! Then there is a tournament where 4 countries send their emerging players to fight out. This tournament till now has taken placve in Australia. Result? Badrinath failed! He was chosen for ROI squad last year where bowlers like Ishant were bowling for Ranji Champs. Result? Badri failed! Australian first XI played a warm up match in India before the test series last year. Guys like Lee, Johnson etc bowled to our would be stars. Result? Rohit Sharma, Kohli and Yuvraj came up with tons and Badrinath? He failed!! Now does it get inside your head? I'm sure it wouldn't. The 3 ODIs are nothing for me. But unfortunately a batsman who fails at every opportunity facing an international bowler, doesn't deserve any other chances. .
That is Exactly what we are saying............... Dravid has been everywhere and done everything.... But at the present situation he doesn't fit in.... Same case for Kaif...... It is not that he doesn't have it in him...... It is just that his services are no longer required by the National side..
In short, Badri has stood out at Ranji level but failed at every other occasion where level of competition is higher than Ranji level or the condition is different from that of India, proving that he is nothing but a domestic bully.
In defence of Badri i think you got your stats all wrong. He did very good in top end series where he faced Tait, M Johnson and few other promising Aussie fast bowlers. He did well against South Africa A team when they toured here. He made a 200 in 270 odd balls. Infact his India A average is well over 100. India A plays above Ranji league. You cannot discount a person based on one single outing in a tour game. Yes.. he has too much of catching up to do. He may never play for India in Tests. But certainly not because of he didn't do well against Australia A. If anything he had loads of problems against Ishant Sharma when he brought the ball back into him. He had absolutely no clue when the ball jagged back at him repeatedly. He kinda closed his eyes and hoped the bat would touch the ball. Eventually he was cleaned up. Dravid was at the non striker end displaying impeccable defense to such balls. Not that he doesn't have problem against incoming deliveries. But he didn't look like a dork when such deliveries come. But he is definitely better against short stuffs than some of the other youngsters i have seen. None of the new comers are polished enough to just replace our old players. They have one weakness or the other. You could partly blame their obsession with T20 style cricket. Among the youngsters i like the look of Rahane and Vijay at Test level. Rest of them will be brutally exposed.
In defence of Badri i think you got your stats all wrong. He did very good in top end series where he faced Tait' date=' M Johnson and few other promising Aussie fast bowlers.[/quote'] When did that Top End series take place? It was 2006. Tait and Johnson were starting their career at that time. And Badri was at his peak!
He did well against South Africa A team when they toured here. He made a 200 in 270 odd balls. In fact his India A average is well over 100. India A plays above Ranji league. You cannot discount a person based on one single outing in a tour game.
When did he play against SA A? It was in the beginning of 2007 season and as I said, Badri was at his peak then. Still who were the bowlers who he scored against? Any notable names? Just Jaarsveld if I remember correctly, who himself didn't get many chances because he wasn't good enough. And I didn't base my judgement on watching him on just outing. I watched him in 3 List A matches too which followed and the way Badrinath faced Tait was almost hilarious. It seemed as if he was too afraid of the pace. And what about the failure in both innings for BPXI vs Australia the very same year?
Yes.. he has too much of catching up to do. He may never play for India in Tests. But certainly not because of he didn't do well against Australia A. If anything he had loads of problems against Ishant Sharma when he brought the ball back into him. He had absolutely no clue when the ball jagged back at him repeatedly. He kinda closed his eyes and hoped the bat would touch the ball. Eventually he was cleaned up. Dravid was at the non striker end displaying impeccable defense to such balls. Not that he doesn't have problem against incoming deliveries. But he didn't look like a dork when such deliveries come. But he is definitely better against short stuffs than some of the other youngsters i have seen. None of the new comers are polished enough to just replace our old players. They have one weakness or the other. You could partly blame their obsession with T20 style cricket. Among the youngsters i like the look of Rahane and Vijay at Test level. Rest of them will be brutally exposed.
I just can't see any youngsters replacing Sachin, Dravid and Laxman in tests. In fact it'll be very unfair of us to even expect the replacement of players like these. At the most we can hope for good batsmen who could at least face international class bowlers in foreign conditions, if not excel against them. Lastly, unfortunately what we had seen 2 years back was the form of a batsman like Badri but as we know, form is temporary and class is permanent. Perhaps we might find batsmen with class after 2-3 years.
When did that Top End series take place? It was 2006. Tait and Johnson were starting their career at that time. And Badri was at his peak! When did he play against SA A? It was in the beginning of 2007 season and as I said, Badri was at his peak then. Still who were the bowlers who he scored against? Any notable names? Just Jaarsveld if I remember correctly, who himself didn't get many chances because he wasn't good enough.
So you have said many times, Badri was in peak, and FYI he is always in good form! ONe Doubt! Is there any option available for batsmen to chose whom should bowl? Seems Chandan have played different cricket :hysterical: Dont give false statements and think everyone will believe that :giggle:
And I didn't base my judgement on watching him on just outing. I watched him in 3 List A matches too which followed and the way Badrinath faced Tait was almost hilarious. It seemed as if he was too afraid of the pace.
Oh is is it? :haha: Seems you have forgotten or acting like forgotten Badri's Play, when he smashed Steyn, Lee, Kallis & Co during IPl! :WTF: statements your are making here!
I just can't see any youngsters replacing Sachin, Dravid and Laxman in tests. In fact it'll be very unfair of us to even expect the replacement of players like these. At the most we can hope for good batsmen who could at least face international class bowlers in foreign conditions, if not excel against them. Lastly, unfortunately what we had seen 2 years back was the form of a batsman like Badri but as we know, form is temporary and class is permanent. Perhaps we might find batsmen with class after 2-3 years.
Uff! You dont need to bother Indian team worries, when you are such a moron, and in Kiddish Novice level! :omg: Please stop making errotic statements anymore buddy!
Please stop making errotic statements anymore buddy!
... Aadhav I take it your Madrasi so you feel you must back your man to the hilt. So your blind Pro Badri bias is understandable (ish), what isnt quite so understandable is the inability to appreciate what Kaif has done not just domestically but at international test cricket level- which the likes of Raina and Rohit, let alone Badri cant compare with yet. That for me puts him ahead of the Q

We cannot say Johnson was not at his peak, Tait was not at his peak but Badri was at his peak that is why he did well. Badri's India A record 10 matches 852 runs 4 centuries 4 fifties average 213.00. You cannot possibly discount this stat by saying he didn't do well against better bowling. He has played just 2 matches for Board president's XI. I don't know what other matches you are talking about. Here is the break down of his first class stat for various teams he has represented. http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Players/8/8757/f_Batting_by_Team.html In the domestic list A he was the second highest run getter behind Kohli for the calendar year 2009 http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Seasons/Seasonal_Averages/IND/2008-09_a_Batting_by_Runs.html We have selected players who have done much poorly against visiting sides. Very idea of first class matches is to select players for national squad. You cannot just go by one or two tour matches. You cannot completely disregard him. When he was in peak Vengsarkar said it will be tough for Badri to make debut in South Africa. If he does well in domestic he should be considered just like everybody else.