How good a sportsperson are you?

Sooda

I was the All-India Lemon-and-spoon race champion in 2002. :yay:
Anyone can win if you stick the Lemon/marble with a piece of gum onto the spoon :whack:

I've played throwball for my house (and i was the kaptaan :icflove: ) and won it I've taken formal coaching in cricket for 1 yr (when i was 9 yrs old)

I play for Boyds.. and which team did you play for?
Fairfax cricket club, although I got thrown out after 3 games:--D, I always impress in the nets with my bowling (only pace, i cant swing or seam, I do have decent pace), but when it comes to game time I have the Sami syndrome, spray it around everywhere.

Fairfax cricket club' date=' although I got thrown out after 3 games:--D, I always impress in the nets with my bowling (only pace, i cant swing or seam, I do have decent pace), but when it comes to game time I have the Sami syndrome, spray it around everywhere.[/quote'] Daymn you played for fairfax. We had 2 games against them this year and both were pretty close We won the first game against them by 1 wicket.. and we lost the 2nd game against them by 2 runs. I was really impressed with your 2 leftie openers Kunal and Vishwanathan. You might remember those names

Daymn you played for fairfax. We had 2 games against them this year and both were pretty close We won the first game against them by 1 wicket.. and we lost the 2nd game against them by 2 runs. I was really impressed with your 2 leftie openers Kunal and Vishwanathan. You might remember those names
I know Kunal, not vishwanathan, remember I played for Fairfax 3 years back I think, I moved to PA after that (either ways I would not have played, cos as I said, I got thrown out of the team :--D)

Are there any Dese/Videshi indoor cricket facilities that have speed guns? I really want to know what pace( or lack of it) I generate with by ‘fast’ bowling. :D
You would be surprised, any average cricketer would be lucky to clock 105-100 kmph.

You would be surprised' date=' any average cricketer would be lucky to clock 105-100 kmph.[/quote'] Hmmm.. Anil Kumble routinely touches 100 kmph with his ‘spin’ bowling. Guys like Paul Collingwood and Saurav Ganguly are in the 115-120 kph range most times. I’d like to think I am at least their range.

You would be surprised' date=' any average cricketer would be lucky to clock 105-100 kmph.[/quote'] You are right. We had this guy from India playing for our club. The guy was rapid, when I asked him how fast he can bowl, he said he's been clocked at 80mph. This guy was pretty quick. In my head I thought I'm a medium pacer who bowls at about 70-75 lol, but if he's 80, I bowl at 60 :((

You would be surprised' date=' any average cricketer would be lucky to clock 105-100 kmph.[/quote'] I remember about 6 years ago there was this "speed competition" in India for some TV show or something. The company's people visited some major cities and had auditions for fast bowlers. I had a friend in Chandigarh who clocked 122-123 KMPH I think and he was the fastest bowler I had played with in my life. Keeping him as benchmark, I would have probably touched 105 :pray: at best I think.

Hmmm.. Anil Kumble routinely touches 100 kmph with his ‘spin’ bowling. Guys like Paul Collingwood and Saurav Ganguly are in the 115-120 kph range most times. I’d like to think I am at least their range.
As I said, you WOULD be surprised. 120 k at league level is super fast. I have played Murali and Robin Singh in the nets, believe me, they are not SLOW by our standards.

As I said' date=' you WOULD be surprised. 120 k at league level is super fast. I have played Murali and Robin Singh in the nets, believe me, they are not SLOW by our standards.[/quote'] VERY true...120 is an excellent speed in North America. Most people are lucky to cross 110 KPH. The fastest I played against was 130 KPH in the nets....pretty quick but not much movement. There's also a FAIR difference between 130 in the nets and 130 outside

Are there any Dese/Videshi indoor cricket facilities that have speed guns? I really want to know what pace( or lack of it) I generate with by ‘fast’ bowling. :D
Actually there are. One of my friend has put up bowling machines in NJ where a lot of local league practice. I think there are speed guns there...