How good a sportsperson are you?

Sooda

...as in genuinely good? do you/have you play(ed) for State/county/club/district/University/College/School... In anything...particularly the good cricketers but anything else... athletics, footy/soccer or raquet sports whatever... boast here about your exploits... I aint and I wish I was. I fancy myself as a footballer but sadly im a mere honest trier

Played cricket at school level and still play for club. Not good enough to go further ahead lol. Play it for mainly. Only started taking it seriously at about the age of 10, I guess with more training in my younger days, there could have been more hope, but oh well its too late for that. Used to be decent at other sports too, but now I suck at them all. So I've decided poker is a sport :)

Not good enough.....Always in the house teams (ie. schools are divided into 4 houses and has inter-house competition) in Cricket, Football, volleyball etc. but always flop in the try-outs for the actual school team. This happened in middle school, high school and undergrad. Did make it to the 3rd round(Although i did get a bye in the 1st 2 rounds) of a national ranked tennis tournament(for under 15) before i lost the passion for that game.

Played a lot of (Cricket, Volleyball, TT) during my college days (for my Technical Diviion), but have lost touch since the last few months, the one sport which i wished i could play better would be Football, only if i had started early, i think i would have been better. *Sigh* Its about time i get accustomed to playing this new sport --> :alienbooty:

Pathetic.. simply pathetic in my childhood in outdoor games though good in indoor games. And I never played any outdoor or indoor game properly after that. But maybe I might be a lot better as there had been mountains of difference of confidence level after I went to college and then into professional life, business etc. However, I have always liked watching sports though have got lesser time to follow in recent years.

Among outdoor games, I am more than half-decent at Cricket, basketball, tennis and I have tried my hand at badminton and Volleball (wasn’t very good at it though..). Right now trying to get my head around swimming. Among indoor ones, I play pool, Table Tennis and bowling. I am not spectacular at one sport, but I generally don’t look totally out of place on any sports field.

^ Thats a good thing man. Id like to be good at tennis I think, never played it. Love watching it though. I do play football so am reasonably fit; like others here I think if I had played a lot of something since my early teens I would be good at it now. It riles me loads that my little bro who's 8 years younger is a better footballer, simply because he has played so much since he was like 12. Sadly I am past my peak (in my mid 20's) so the dream (whatever that was) is well and truly dead...

^ Thats a good thing man. Id like to be good at tennis I think, never played it. Love watching it though. I do play football so am reasonably fit; like others here I think if I had played a lot of something since my early teens I would be good at it now. It riles me loads that my little bro who's 8 years younger is a better footballer, simply because he has played so much since he was like 12. Sadly I am past my peak (in my mid 20's) so the dream (whatever that was) is well and truly dead...
that's not true man....your physical peak...depends on the sport, but can be anywhere from 25-35. If anything your time is NOW, where you'll intelligence of the sport and your skills are gonna be at their best. So don't lose hope and keep playing for the love of the game..