No team can match us, boasts South Africa star Steyn

Feed

Sympathize for what...we have been pretty much like them....reaching finals with ease and then saving our worst for the finals . Its cost us about 16-17 finals since 1999.
Yes, but finals is a knock-out, that game wasn’t. It was a qualifying match. Going into that match, there wasn’t even talk of South Africa being eliminated. Qualifiers should not act as knock-outs. They must give the top team at least once chance to slip up without paying too extreme a price.
Yes, but finals is a knock-out, that game wasn’t. It was a qualifying match. Going into that match, there wasn’t even talk of South Africa being eliminated. Qualifiers should not act as knock-outs. They must give the top team at least once chance to slip up without paying too extreme a price.
A slip up of the proportion that they even lose track of what they have to do in order to get to the next round?
Yes' date=' but finals is a knock-out, that game wasn’t. It was a qualifying match. [b']Going into that match, there wasn’t even talk of South Africa being eliminated. Qualifiers should not act as knock-outs. They must give the top team at least once chance to slip up without paying too extreme a price.
What are you talking about ? RSA's NRR was never better than Ind and NZ, so they knew about the possible elimination if they didn't up their NRR. And you cannot be spoon fed in professional cricket, they should have known this even if no one reminded because it clearly is their job to figure out how are they going to qualify for semis.
Being a professional team they cannot goof up in their calculations in such big events (first it was WC 2003 against SL and now against us). They were never the outright group winners (in super 6) and had to score a particular score for them to qualify (based upon India's first innings total). RSA should have at least played to reach that target first in order to qualify and then worry about the game's result. No sympathy there' date=' they simply got too cocky on that occasion.[/quote'] I see the logic of what you’re saying, you the Saffies’ elimination from that tournament just didn’t fair to me, at least from a personal standpoint. A solitary bad hour and you’re completely kicked out of a tournament you had dominated till then…
A slip up of the proportion that they even lose track of what they have to do in order to get to the next round?
Oh I am sure they knew. They simply weren’t good enough that night.
What are you talking about ? RSA's NRR was never better than Ind and NZ' date=' so they knew about the possible elimination if they didn't up their NRR. And you cannot be spoon fed in professional cricket, they should have known this even if no one reminded because it clearly is their job to figure out how are they going to qualify for semis.[/quote'] Hmm..I suppose you’re right.
I see the logic of what you’re saying, you the Saffies’ elimination from that tournament just didn’t fair to me, at least from a personal standpoint. A solitary bad hour and you’re completely kicked out of a tournament you had dominated till then…
Err...It's not about one bad game. India had lost to NZ in our very first match of the super 6 and RSA lost their last match of the super 6. The difference b/w our qualifications and RSA's was we knew what we had to do to qualify for semis and RSA simply thought they have to beat us to top the super 6 group (without considering what IF they lose?). You simply cannot blame anyone for that. India, NZ, RSA all of them lost 1 game each and Ind/NZ qualified for better NRR. Quite simple!
They are a team that chased down a 400+ target in a ODI match. I mean...WTF. If any team has the rights to be cocky its SA.
How many performances can they list down to justify their cockiness on a bigger podium ? :cantstop:

I actually dont think this SA side is unbeatable . >Steyn is as bad as Sharma in ODI's & can be very expensive >over rated batting linup with the likes of Amla and Prince . who are no good for ODI's and an out of form Gibbs . >Parnell has impressed me a lot , but still untested in ODI's . >spin attack is decent at best . I have a feeling NZ will beat them in the league phase & wont count out England upsetting them as well